Status
Not open for further replies.

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That`s way off ;)
They take more like 50-55% with Adsense and 35-50% with an MCN (depending on which one)
I (and anyone else with a personal adsense) can confirm that it is around the 30% mark currently. Perhaps it used to be higher, but I specifically checked this 24 hours ago and was right there, and has been the same for the last several months.

What is MCN an acronym for?

ibeckman671

Reaction score
I (and anyone else with a personal adsense) can confirm that it is around the 30% mark currently. Perhaps it used to be higher, but I specifically checked this 24 hours ago and was right there, and has been the same for the last several months.
Where is this 30% coming from? Google has never released the percentage publicly and networks claim it's between 45%-55% (depending on who you talk to). They either take the cut either out of your Adsense if your reg partnered or out of the Adsense of whatever network you are partnered with. So you don't lose any of it unless that 30% is different per partner/network partner. Maybe I'm wrong, is it different for everyone?

Daniel

YTtalk's Juicy Lemon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Where is this 30% coming from? Google has never released the percentage publicly and networks claim it's between 45%-55% (depending on who you talk to). They either take the cut either out of your Adsense if your reg partnered or out of the Adsense of whatever network you are partnered with. So you don't lose any of it unless that 30% is different per partner/network partner. Maybe I'm wrong, is it different for everyone?
People's splits with a network do vary. It's best to negotiate with a network to get the highest split possible. I wouldn't go for anything less than 70/30 split.

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Turns out it is a public number, 32%
support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180195

"Ads for Content" includes YouTube.

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
People's splits with a network do vary. It's best to negotiate with a network to get the highest split possible. I wouldn't go for anything less than 70/30 split.
Thanks, I'm fully aware of normal splits, thanks though :up:

We're talking about the split that YouTube takes prior to the network receiving any money. Generally it is not even discussed as it is truly just a "cost of doing business", and it can't be avoided when publishing on the YouTube platform.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Turns out it is a public number, 32%
support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180195

"Ads for Content" includes YouTube.
It's 55% for partners 2012 and present including 2012 legacy partners (not sure the percentage for 11, 10, 09 etc.) You can view your partner agreement which states clearly it is 55% if you monetized in 2012 or this year. Should be under paragraph 4. It's around that amount with their cut with Networks as well

And Hosted AdSense for Content is YouTube. AdSense for Content is for websites, blogger etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.