Should I sign with Fullscreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oTradeMark

Reaction score
So should I join? Will I make more with Fullscreen? Or should I just stay with what I have now? Also, if you're from Fullscreen and have something to say then that would help!!
Well a network does have the ability to customize what ads are running on your channel. They could potentially bid on or reserve higher paying ads for your videos, but that's not a guarantee in any way shape or form. A network does also pursue advertising and other forms of monetizing your videos aside from strictly adsense (guerilla ads as they refer to them). These are just advertisers that they work with directly that typically have a higher CPM because the ad is embedded directly into your video. But even with that, you should ask them how often you will be utilizing these direct sale ads. If you only have those on 1 out of every 50 of your videos it doesn't matter if you get a $30 CPM, since it would really be a $30 CPM every 50th video you produce.

Is the $3.50 CPM you are referring to the average RPM over the past 30 days in your ad performance report on adsense? $3.50 is a great RPM, I can't imagine that fullscreen will do much better. On one of my other channels that I use basic youtube monetization with, I have an average $1.42 RPM in the past 30 days, so $3.50 is actually really strong.

To summarize the answer, YES, fullscreen could potentially make you more money than your channel currently gets (plus unlock full partner features like banners and what not)... BUT, it could also make you considerably less... If your CPM stays the same or even worse drops a little bit then the 20% they take out will mean that much less for your net profits.

Reactions: markkaz

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Since nobody's said so, I'll answer your question of how you make more money. When you get a partnership with youtube, they set a share rate of your earnings. That means you get some of the money earned, and adsense gets some. If you partner with a network, they may offer you a larger slice. I'm not going to throw out actual numbers, but for example, adsense might offer an 80/20 split, while fullscreen would have a 90/10 split. You should ask how much of the money you would get, and compare that to your adsense earning rate.

Richy17

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You seem to be doing fine on YouTube. I think you should just stay with ur Adsense, and not get partnered by a network.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't buy in to partnership offers, it's kind of clear they just want to profit from your channel alone and not actually help you optimize your channel growth. They wouldn't be contacting you if they didn't right? Advice to anyone who's partnered directly with YouTube don't join a network. your better off without them once you've already archived such a great channel.

Sanuku

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So should I join? Will I make more with Fullscreen? Or should I just stay with what I have now? Also, if you're from Fullscreen and have something to say then that would help!!

Thanks
I`ll try to answer your Question without telling you something you shouldn't be able to cross-check in a few Minutes with Google:

So should I join Fullscreen?

Yes, you should.

Will my earnings increase over the time with Fullscreen and/or will I earn more by joining Fullscreen?

Probably. While it still does depend on how many monetizable Views you get each Month and with the cut that Fullscreen actually get I can only tell you that I don`t know anyone that did left Fullscreen because they had earned less then before they actually join Fullscreen.

Why would I make more Money by joining Fullscreen?

Because their CPM is higher then your current One.

Should I just stay with what I have now?

Probably the most important Question and while I can only give you recommendations if you should/shouldn`t join Network X or Y I can`t answer it for you. It's still your Channel and absolutly no one should ever tell you what to do or what don`t to do with it.

Also, if you're from Fullscreen and have something to say then that would help!!

Nope, I`m not from their Recruiting Team so consider that everything I just told you was collected over the last couple of months while speaking with many that had joined Fullscreen since 2011 and while Fullscreen is still one of the younger Network out there you probably won`t find at the current point any dead bodies at their basement and that should be something that should tell you that they are doing something the right Way.

While this all is said I also wanna make sure that you understand something that is really important:

Fullscreen is one of those Networks that does actually Monitor their Views so if you have a Channel which Views aren`t legit they will sooner or later kick your a** out so take it as a Warning.

the1janitor

subscribe if you like my hair
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Obviously you will make less money if you partner with them. You have two people taking a cut instead of just one, this isn't rocket science. This going to be the case for most networks. Unless you find a network that promises more than the CPM you're making right now (and i doubt you will, yours is pretty high), I would just stick to what you have. Honestly, I would try to contact YouTube directly and see if you can get branding options on your other channel. It's getting enough views for them to consider it. Unless you for some reason want a banner on your page so badly that you're willing to literally pay for it lol. Maker Studios is a high profile network that a lot of the biggest YouTube stars are on, such as thewillofdc, timothydelaghetto2, shaycarl, and kassemg. So joining that network could help in terms of building your name and getting involved with people who are legit and have found success. But from a strictly money aspect, I don't know if you're going to make any more money.

Shoninyastube

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How is the situation? did you test it? are you with fullscreen now? if yes are you happy with that? get youre earnings increased`?

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Since nobody's said so, I'll answer your question of how you make more money. When you get a partnership with youtube, they set a share rate of your earnings. That means you get some of the money earned, and adsense gets some. If you partner with a network, they may offer you a larger slice. I'm not going to throw out actual numbers, but for example, adsense might offer an 80/20 split, while fullscreen would have a 90/10 split. You should ask how much of the money you would get, and compare that to your adsense earning rate.
First off, sorry for bumping ancient post, but last post was only 2 weeks ago so...

I wanted to say the above quote is just plain wrong.

If a YouTube AdSense partner:
  • AdSense takes a cut (I won't say exactly how much, but it is roughly 30 and is equal for everyone as far as I've heard )
  • You get remaining amount
If you partner with a network:
  • AdSense STILL takes a cut, exact same cut too (confirmed this with several networks)
  • If your network is under another network (subsidiary or brand) Parent network probably takes a cut (not always)
  • Network takes a cut (somewhere between 40-10%, depending on your contract)
  • You get remaining amount
YouTube's platform means they always get a cut. Otherwise there is no way in hell they'd allow networks to take a piece of the action. YouTube's cut goes to maintaining servers, developing YouTube further, and forcing new redesigns on us :)

Reactions: Notelis
Status
Not open for further replies.