Should I set up a business email?

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone,

So recently I've hit over 1k (nearly at 1.4k) and just been accepted on YouTube's partnership!

I've always thought I'm not big enough to be inquired about anything but do any of you have business emails that are small? Should I have one?

Thanks! :)

Reactions: GrannyGamer

GrannyGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Firstly congrats on your yt partnership, that's awesome! You should definately have an email address attached to your account for business enquiries. I'm assuming that's what you mean. You never know who might come across one of your videos and want to contact you for something or other.... if you don't have one there you will never know what you might be missing out on. Someone might want to contact you privately and as far as I know there is no way to do that on yt unless it's by the comments sections. I don't think you need to be big but you do need to be contactable :)

Reactions: Mirko

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
Seeing as the original YouTube Private Messaging system is no longer a feature (and had become obsolete), adding a business email to your "About" page is a splendid idea. Prospective sponsors and even other creators can easily reach you.

However, what I've seen some creators do is for security purposes, not list their actual GMail address associated with their channel, but create a new email address and simply add ".busniess@domain.com" to the end of it (e.g - "creatorxyz.busniess@gmail.com"). This is in order to weed out the spam and not publicize the email linked to the YouTube account. Just an interesting method I've seen some channels use.

Also, @sarahja, while it again has become obsolete, YouTube has a new messaging system called "YouTube Friends" and it works similarly to Skype in a sense. You must first invite people before you are able to message them. Once logged into YouTube, click the "Messages" icon
and then the click the blue "FRIENDS" text, then click the blue "ADD FRIENDS" button and you'll be provided with an "INVITE LINK" to share with whoever you wish to chat with on YouTube. You can read more about it here. --> support.google.com/youtube/answer/6401182

In my opinion, sending an email to the creator is far simpler. Cheers.

GrannyGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
@Jeff wow thank you so much for that info. I have only been on youtube for a few months so didn't even know there was an old message system, now I know of the new one :) Especially thanks for the info about the email address. I am so niave sometimes, I have already gone and setup one specific for yt as it didn't even cross my mind about security/spam, etc. Thanks for that valuable information!

Reactions: Jeff

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Firstly congrats on your yt partnership, that's awesome! You should definately have an email address attached to your account for business enquiries. I'm assuming that's what you mean. You never know who might come across one of your videos and want to contact you for something or other.... if you don't have one there you will never know what you might be missing out on. Someone might want to contact you privately and as far as I know there is no way to do that on yt unless it's by the comments sections. I don't think you need to be big but you do need to be contactable :)
Yeah that's true thank you for that advice I think I'm going to set one up today! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1551785301,1551785149][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seeing as the original YouTube Private Messaging system is no longer a feature (and had become obsolete), adding a business email to your "About" page is a splendid idea. Prospective sponsors and even other creators can easily reach you.

However, what I've seen some creators do is for security purposes, not list their actual GMail address associated with their channel, but create a new email address and simply add ".busniess@domain.com" to the end of it (e.g - "creatorxyz.busniess@gmail.com"). This is in order to weed out the spam and not publicize the email linked to the YouTube account. Just an interesting method I've seen some channels use.

Also, @sarahja, while it again has become obsolete, YouTube has a new messaging system called "YouTube Friends" and it works similarly to Skype in a sense. You must first invite people before you are able to message them. Once logged into YouTube, click the "Messages" icon
and then the click the blue "FRIENDS" text, then click the blue "ADD FRIENDS" button and you'll be provided with an "INVITE LINK" to share with whoever you wish to chat with on YouTube. You can read more about it here. --> support.google.com/youtube/answer/6401182

In my opinion, sending an email to the creator is far simpler. Cheers.
A lot of good feedback, thanks for that! I think I'll create a seperate email for YT as I agree having your personal one is not really secure, plus my main one has my full name! Thanks man! :)

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I created another Gmail account, its just: Thedriftingdad@gmail.com That whole account is only for my YT stuff and I conduct all my sponsorship stuff through that. It works really well and helps tie my brand together

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

All great advice above. Another option would be to have a website associated to your YouTube channel and on the website, you put a "contact form". The advantage of having a form is that your actual email address can't be seen publicly. This will cut down on the amount of spam you'll get. :)

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I created gamevestment@gmail.com since day 1 and it has been a smart decision. I don't really receive spam, only important emails from companies and fans. I always liked the idea of separating "work" from personal life.