Should I separate my channel?

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do cover songs (not copyright safe) and other things like audiobooks (copyright safe). I've heard that it's a good idea to upload all copyright objectionable videos to a separate channel as to not lose everything if you get copyright strikes. So, is that a good idea? I feel like people wouldn't want to subscribe to two separate channels, but maybe they'll only subscribe to the one they're interested in?

Also, since you can make multiple channels on one email account, if one of the channels (my song covers) gets taken down for havering three strikes, does that mean I can't use my other one either? Should I make it on a separate email account?

Cameron Dubs

Making David Cameron Sing!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I was you, I'd create a seperate channel. Not only for the fact that you mentioned about the copyright, but also because users may only be interested in one or the other. You could use annotations to link between both channels on your videos, but I would definitely seperate them and create one under a slightly different brand (e.g. Singing = MithrilSings)

In regards to the second part of the question, I wouldn't imagine it would make a difference. Although you may want to create a new branded gmail and use this, just in case.

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I was you, I'd create a seperate channel. Not only for the fact that you mentioned about the copyright, but also because users may only be interested in one or the other. You could use annotations to link between both channels on your videos, but I would definitely seperate them and create one under a slightly different brand (e.g. Singing = MithrilSings)

In regards to the second part of the question, I wouldn't imagine it would make a difference. Although you may want to create a new branded gmail and use this, just in case.
I was actually thinking of that exact channel name! Haha! Okay, I'll definitely go and make a new channel

Cameron Dubs

Making David Cameron Sing!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was actually thinking of that exact channel name! Haha! Okay, I'll definitely go and make a new channel
Haha, great minds think alike!

Good luck with it too - please let me know when you have created the channel, as I will definitely subscribe. I'm already a subscriber to your channel atm, but would love to see your new one too!

Reactions: Mithril