Should i sell my channel or not - need suggestions

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
thanks for the post
you understood exactly what i was trying to say
its ok to sell company and brand account along with all other social media properties
its allowed by youtube and doesnt needs to be taken permission of

as some users are threating me if i sell they will report
they got only 700 subs and i am at 313k subs
i have a whole company and brand for this channel
thats why i asked people should i sell my channel or not
where most of the people didnt know that selling brand and company is legal
i am very glad you made your point nicely
and have good youtube knowledge

In terms of the stats of the channel - It's doing very well for number of views. But the revenue per 1000 views (RPM) is low at $0.38 (The average is usually $1 and can even go as high as $2+ on some channels) I'm guessing your videos are very short?

To give you an idea of how websites that earn adsense are usually valued. - A common estimate is to take the monthly profit (not revenue) and multiply it by 20. You can usually use the same formula for a YT channel.

So subtract your total yearly costs from 2018 from your revenue of $30,193 to give you your yearly profit.
Then divide yearly profit by 12 to give you monthly profit.
Then multiply monthly profit by the multiplier (x20) to get an estimated value.

Example if your total costs were $3k in 2018:

Annual profit ( 30,193 - 3000) = $27,193
Monthly profit (27,193 / 12) = $2,266
Multiply by 20 ($2,266 x20) = $45,321

So a rough estimate of the value of the channel (based on those costs) would be $45,321

Matt Dean

Reaction score
Website
youtubegrowth.co.uk
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your original post didn't mention selling a company which is perfectly legal.

As all that would entail would be a change of ownership for the channel.

The reason for my post was not to disheartened you,but rather to inform you of the legal implications that can come from selling a channel on its own.

Selling a company and its assets (website, social media accounts etc) is legal but I reccomend a lawyer to draw up a water tight contract to keep you from harm.

Matt Dean

Reaction score
Website
youtubegrowth.co.uk
Channel Type
Youtuber
My point about the implications for the buyer however, remains.

Take daily grace as an example. Her channel was ceased by her MCN and the channel quickly died even though fresh content was being uploaded.

When Ray William Johnson swapped himself for an alternative host, his channel died because it was not what people originally subscribed for.

I'm all for people monetising their content and if you really want to quit then best wishes to you, but I feel it would be your responsibility in part, to find a buyer that will create the same sort of content as you do otherwise the channel will suffer.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Many times a company will be valued at double it's annual gross revenue. But if the brand is largely centered around you. I would think that would have little to no value to someone else. Unless you are going to be staying on as a employee under contract.

As far as being allowed to sell a channel on YouTube I have no idea. If it's structured as a biusness I would think that you could. But I have no idea.

If you're are planning on selling and staying on as a employee. I think you would be better off to retain ownership and hire out the tasks you no longer want to do.

I think content type would have a big impact on weather or not there would be any real value to someone else. If your channel and your brand is largely centered around you and you no longer have interest in continuation your probably best just to let the channel slowly die and collect any residual income that it creates.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Honestly it's just plain disrespectful for those that work hard in my opinion. And it is also more a disrespect to your supporters because now you just turned them into numbers and currency. Lastly it should be disrespectful to the person who's too lazy to build. Now when it comes to you the person yeah, it may seem disrespectful but honestly its acual good business, in the sense it kinda being real estate, you built a house sold a house. Now would I do it? F no lmao