Channel Type
Youtuber
Last edited:

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Considering selling your channel will break terms of service you will probably get it deactivated before you get the chance.

If you're done with youtube just quit don't sell it.

AhadGagan7

Reaction score
No, not only would selling your channel break terms of service*. It would negatively impact the new buyer as the content they produce will more than Lilley not be what people subscribed for.

*Can't remember the exact rule, but pretty sure it's in there.

Found a Google products discussion confirming my suspicions.

https://support.google.com/youtube/forum/AAAAiuErobUSa2haXbfkAk/?hl=en&msgid=mOpkOJ8ZCwAJ&gpf=d/msg/youtube/Sa2haXbfkAk/mOpkOJ8ZCwAJ
you are abosultely right my friend, but when you sell a channel than you have to sell it via brand account and transfer website, fb, twitter and insta with it, thats how its it done but i am still not sure to sell it or not

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey all, if we find out his channel gets sold, let's mass report it!

AhadGagan7

Reaction score
Considering selling your channel will break terms of service you will probably get it deactivated before you get the chance.

If you're done with youtube just quit don't sell it.
i think selling a brand is legal, this is what my mcn friend told me and also i confirmed it with youtube
yeah i want to quit with some money but still not sure to sell it or not
very confused

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I believe it's ok to sell a channel if it's part of a company that is being sold as a going concern.

Example, an online company has a website that they want to sell and the YT channel is the same brand name and is a source of traffic to the website. Obviously, in that situation, the buyer of the website will want to buy the YT channel also. The website is worthless without the YT channel feeding it traffic. In situations like that, it's usually ok to sell a channel. I believe you have to get prior permission from YT. :)

AhadGagan7

Reaction score
I believe it's ok to sell a channel if it's part of a company that is being sold as a going concern.

Example, an online company has a website that they want to sell and the YT channel is the same brand name and is a source of traffic to the website. Obviously, in that situation, the buyer of the website will want to buy the YT channel also. The website is worthless without the YT channel feeding it traffic. In situations like that, it's usually ok to sell a channel. I believe you have to get prior permission from YT. :)
thanks for the post
you understood exactly what i was trying to say
its ok to sell company and brand account along with all other social media properties
its allowed by youtube and doesnt needs to be taken permission of

as some users are threating me if i sell they will report
they got only 700 subs and i am at 313k subs
i have a whole company and brand for this channel
thats why i asked people should i sell my channel or not
where most of the people didnt know that selling brand and company is legal
i am very glad you made your point nicely
and have good youtube knowledge