Should I Monetize My Videos? Goods/Bads?

For newer YouTubers in my opinion putting ads in your videos are kinda pointless. Since you won't be making much money off the ads. However for me personally I don't plan on doing ads at all no matter how big my YouTube channel ends up getting. I do YouTube for fun/hobby and to help get over some personal issues if I do decide to do anything for monetization I'll set up a Patreon.

YT is going to make money off your video no matter what. Why not make pennies from it. It will take a while to ever see a pay check, but when you do, you will feel accomplished! Just because theres an ad, doesn't mean you're getting paid. I've had ads on my videos from day one. It never impacted my views / retention / subs. It was my content and consistency that made the impact.

i feel you should monetize the second they allow it. ads are just a part of youtube now and i think viewers are used to it. if youtube is going to make money off my videos regardless, i want to make sure i get my cut! ;)

I have removed the ads from my videos. I FKING hate them and with the number of views I get it is small change.
I dont know if it will hurt my views though (havent looked into that) but Im hoping that more people will subscribe cause the know my channel is add-free. But again, dont really know

Back