Should i mark my Crash Bandicoot videos as "made for kids?"

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I posted a couple of gameplay videos of me playing the first Crash game (N. Sane Trilogy version). The videos are just pure gameplay, no commentary. As we all know, 2020 is right around the corner. First I marked the videos as "not made for kids" but later on noticed how all recommended videos on my Crash videos were aimed towards children so I changed the settings to "made for kids." Now I'm not sure whether I should leave it at that or change it back.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the legal forum.

I know lots of adults who play the game so I don't see how it could be "made for kids".

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. :)

Reactions: OpiumSymposium

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Moved to the legal forum.

I know lots of adults who play the game so I don't see how it could be "made for kids".

Disclaimer: I am not a lwayer and this is not legal advice. :)
This was my first thought as well. After all, most people who play this game are adults who were growing up playing this game back in the 90's. But since YouTube recommends videos that are clearly made for children on my gameplay videos I thought that maybe I should play it safe. The last thing I need is an unnecessary fine.

Reactions: Crown

JbootsGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
(I AM NOT A LAWYER)

Gaming channels are in a terrible place with the coppa regulations. I personally post all my videos as "NOT FOR KIDS" for 2 reasons

1. They are not for kids
2. You don't get monetization for videos for kids

Hope's that help

Reactions: OpiumSymposium