Should I make a separate channel for daily vlogs?

Should I have 2 separate channels

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NinjaNultrix

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Hey guys!

I'm currently struggling with my decision of choosing to making daily vlogs for my main channel or having a completely exclusive channel for uploading daily vlogs, what do you think?

Thanks!

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i don't really see the point. maybe a new one if you had 10,000+ subs or so. but your subs can skip the videos they don't want to watch. your essentially just doubling your workload trying to grow 2 channels

NinjaNultrix

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
i don't really see the point. maybe a new one if you had 10,000+ subs or so. but your subs can skip the videos they don't want to watch. your essentially just doubling your workload trying to grow 2 channels
That's really true, not really worth the hassle right now but my biggest concern was maybe people on my channel might not be interested in daily vlogs and perhaps might make them unsubscribe - still worth the risk for now?

Tyler Boyd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's really true, not really worth the hassle right now but my biggest concern was maybe people on my channel might not be interested in daily vlogs and perhaps might make them unsubscribe - still worth the risk for now?
You should make whatever videos that you like! Catering to an audience sucks, especially since you're a small channel. You'll grow an audience that likes you for you- whether it's playing video games or vlogging!

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you might lose a very small percentage. but if thats the case they were never that into you to begin with,. and it will be more than made up for by gaining a new audience that enjoy your vlogs

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I voted yes because, regardless of the size of your channel, vlogs are a different kind of video and the subject matter can vary dramatically from video to video - if you have your vlog on your main channel then I worry that you will feel you need to narrow the range of what you talk about to suit your channel. I know its more work and stuff but really how hard can it be if you are doing like a personal vlog. A banner, maybe a thumbnail scheme, and the actual videos - 1 camera, minimal editing.

Caitlin Rose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would personally create a second channel. If you are going to post vlogs daily then your main channel videos will probably be buried in a sea of vlogs and not get noticed. Daily vlogs are different from the subject of your main channel so I think they would need a different marketing strategy as well. If they're both in one channel then it's hard to define your topic.

Reactions: coliwob

1bgdeal

Reaction score
Im going through the same right now and I cant figure out if I should create a separate channel for vlogs. I would like to know what you ended up doing since the vote is 50/50 right now :)

Hey guys!

I'm currently struggling with my decision of choosing to making daily vlogs for my main channel or having a completely exclusive channel for uploading daily vlogs, what do you think?

Thanks!