Should I get a website?

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks for the very long but also detailed awesome advice
No worries, happy to help. You're aiming more for the site to provide increased branding and additional income more than for the site to be the driving entity itself, which is cool, and a lot more simple!

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do have a website myself, which I use to blog in my travels and upload my videos every once in a while!

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do have a website myself, which I use to blog in my travels and upload my videos every once in a while!
What has your experience been with it so far?
Do you get good traffic?

What program are you using, wordpress, wix?

Is it easy to setup and do you have something to have it?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What has your experience been with it so far?
Do you get good traffic?

What program are you using, wordpress, wix?

Is it easy to setup and do you have something to have it?
I have had it for 2 years, and I do like it, but I do pay for it (so I can get to use Adsense for it).
I use Weebly, which I find relatively easy.

ClimaxGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you have a fanbase that would go check out your website i'dd say go for it... But in that case there's no use of it , if noone uses it you wont earn any money except those people who go on the internet and find everything well those people... Don't worry about dose xD

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have a fanbase that would go check out your website i'dd say go for it... But in that case there's no use of it , if noone uses it you wont earn any money except those people who go on the internet and find everything well those people... Don't worry about dose xD
I get your point but you also have to take in consideration that there will be a chance for many people to look at my channel when they come across my videos not necessary subscribe but I can link my website in the channel and hopefully people will perhaps check it out :)

This week I had 5K page views :thumbsup2:

Plus the website is just a second source to get a little boost of views I cant believe it won't get me anything plus I could also have a small income from the ads on the site :) You need to start small and build up your way ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1490481465,1490481371][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have had it for 2 years, and I do like it, but I do pay for it (so I can get to use Adsense for it).
I use Weebly, which I find relatively easy.
Alright thanks but do you pay something to have it or is it one time payment?

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Something seems off... Don't get me wrong, I like your channel... but at the moment you have 17,588 total video views, this is counted by adding them up directly from your Videos page on YouTube. 10,075 of those views which account for more than half your total are split between three videos, with your 488 video responsible for 7,222 views alone. None of the stats on any of your videos indicate the kind of growth you'd need to pull 5k page views a week. You've quoted a bunch of different view numbers, but the only one that statistically makes sense is "70 to 100 views a day". Which would have you averaging 2,500 views a month. Anyone could argue the accuracy of socialblade but even they show you at +1,700 views for the month, with no spikes that would indicate 3k to 5k views a week over the last two weeks. So I'm curious where you're getting "5k page views" from.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Something seems off... Don't get me wrong, I like your channel... but at the moment you have 17,588 total video views, this is counted by adding them up directly from your Videos page on YouTube. 10,075 of those views which account for more than half your total are split between three videos, with your 488 video responsible for 7,222 views alone. None of the stats on any of your videos indicate the kind of growth you'd need to pull 5k page views a week. You've quoted a bunch of different view numbers, but the only one that statistically makes sense is "70 to 100 views a day". Which would have you averaging 2,500 views a month. Anyone could argue the accuracy of socialblade but even they show you at +1,700 views for the month, with no spikes that would indicate 3k to 5k views a week over the last two weeks. So I'm curious where you're getting "5k page views" from.
I am getting the info from my adsense account :)

The numbers you are throwing up is very precisely but there is a chance that I might be wrong but I am just reading what it says maybe its the page views for my google account perhaps :)