Should I even care?

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think we all go through those slumps of sometimes being super motivated and then at others feeling terrible at the numbers. Just know it's all a part of the process my man. I will say though that sometimes caring about the numbers really helps because you can gather Intel on what does and doesn't work!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It can be difficult, and sometimes, you have to take a good long look at what you're doing and what your goals are. For me, I know that there's never going to be a huge call for "puppet videos not for kids but not edgy for adults, about sincere, gently-humorous subjects." It's just a really specific thing that I like to do, and the fact that I can do it for a couple thousand people makes me happy.

That's not everyone, though. Some people like to build their audiences in the hopes of making a living at this, and that requires a totally different strategy. If I were looking for high views and subscribers, I'd find what's trending, what seems to be on the rise, and move towards that as aggressively as possible.

Both approaches (and many others) are totally valid. It's just about what you want to do.

DoubleDingle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lately I've been feeling like this. It's annoying to post vids and barely get anything. I wouldn't mind if get any views as long as people comment so I know if people like my stuff. Which is kinda why I joined this forum to learn new tips and to see other peoples experiences.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it's natural to feel this way...it's an uphill battle to grow a channel. If it were easy then everyone would be at the top. Just keep making videos because you enjoy doing it and want to share them...don't get caught up in the numbers/let it worry you, but DO strive to improve them.

Weirdprodigy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
Frankie said it best , there is times where we are going to face rough patches and there are times where the people around you grow faster then you are. But if you are truly compassionate about this don't let it discourage you just keep making content and go back to old videos and see what you did wrong or ask a friend to do it. Try to improve things like quality , audio , dialogue what ever you do. Make sure you are promoting properly as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk