Should i dispute this?

Leishua

Reaction score
So, i made an edit of a parody. I did expect the parody artist to claim it however instead of that, some random Latin American company is claiming it. They claim to be the publisher of the song which was parodied. Here's the thing though, the song isn't from Latin America, its a british song. 2ndly its a parody of the british song which the lyrics and even the instrumental was rebuild. I can't find any evidence of this company owning the rights to it at all.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
What is the company name? There are MCNs who have Content ID accounts; and also Rights Management Organizations which manage Content ID for copyright owners YouTube won't accept. Do nothing until we have figured this out between us, as done the wrong way, it could either end up in court, or with your channel being terminated for filing a false dispute.

Leishua

Reaction score
They are called latinautor apparently a number of creators have been hit with this. Its weird coz i had this video without any claims for like 5+ yrs? And suddenly they came to claim it. My only guess is they are the ones distributing the original song in latin america although i used a parody version which was never claimed till today.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Could you please post a screen shot of the claim page while I look this outfit up? OK never mind. They are a Royalty Collecting Society, much like PRS For Music here in the UK. Extremely legit; this would be something like challenging ASCAP or BMI. Artists register their music with these organizations to make sure they collect all of the royalties they are owed worldwide.

Unless you are the copyright owner or the parodist of the original song, I wouldn't suggest disputing this. They probably have the bucks backing them to push this all the way to court; and you wouldn't look good standing in front of a judge and saying you didn't even create the original parody.

Last edited: