Should i delete videos?

Should i delete the copyrighted videos even though they make 5 million views from the total of 6 ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi!
I have a channel with 12 000 subscribers and 6 million views, but from my top 15 most viewed videos, only 1 is monetiezed. Other 14 are not blocked but are copyrighted and i don't make money of them.

I'm thinking about deleting them but they have a total of almost 5 million views.

I have a question for you.
If i remove the unmonetized videos, the monetized videos will get the spotlight from youtube?
For example if i have 1 unmonetized video that is recommended by youtube to 100 people and 1 monetized video that is recommended by youtube to 10 people....if i remove the unmonetized video, now the monetized video will be recommended by youtube to 110 people?

I hope everyone understands what i'm trying to say : If youtube recommends my best videos because they are popular and they take the spotlight from the others and if i delete them, the other videos will get some love, or they will not be recommended because they are not so popular.

Thanks!

theResidentPsychopath

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
rewards.webtalk.co
Channel Type
Gamer
Keep them and continue making videos that can't be claimed. I have had some claims on my gameplay. Some I have disputed and look like they will be in my favor. Others they reject my dispute and I leave it because it may be the video that brings new viewers and subscribers. Think of it as a doorway that you do not want to close because you are unable to monetize it.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Look at it this way if you leave the videos published they will keep bringing in new viewers to your channel who will end up watching the monetized videos and those who end up becoming subscribers will keep watching the monetized video for a long time which will make up the earnings, grow your channel and make you happy....hope that helps

Taho Nguin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with Boris Q's. Even if you can't monetize it, having popular videos helps bring traffic. What I try to do is direct the traffic to my monetized video from the popular 14 videos. Do cards and annotations to direct people to your monetized video.

tizzer65

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Out of those 14 unmonetized videos you could be gaining subscribers which will in turn watch your monetized videos so it only makes sense to keep them. I've always been wary about deleting videos as you are just cutting your nose off to spite your face.