Should I Delete Some of my Videos?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Since the "Is this video made for kids" could be an issue for some of my gaming videos, I might delete them. Then, re-upload them with swear words edited in because my channel is not directly targeted to a kid audience. Those videos don't have any swearing but, I'm not sure if it falls under being made for kids or not and I am concern about that; the videos included are Pokemon Tower Defense 2, Color Circles, and an intro of Yuno Gasai. Again, Should I delete my videos and add swearing to them or should I wait and see how the whole FTC and Youtube thing will go down?

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Just make sure I understand you correctly... the videos don't have any swear words in them currently, but you're debating if you should delete them, add swear words to them, and re-upload the new ones?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you should just keep the vids, but then in your next videos if you feel like swearing, just do it. Then your channel will become less Kid friendly.
I'll keep them for now, but I already have the red-edited versions in private just in case FTC's Coppa wants to do something. Those vids have Cj with the ah sh*t here we go again meme x) and currently watching Roberto Blake's stream about the Youtube/Coppa issue. Btw thanks the response! :)

Reactions: Pro Kie

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Since the "Is this video made for kids" could be an issue for some of my gaming videos, I might delete them. Then, re-upload them with swear words edited in because my channel is not directly targeted to a kid audience. Those videos don't have any swearing but, I'm not sure if it falls under being made for kids or not and I am concern about that; the videos included are Pokemon Tower Defense 2, Color Circles, and an intro of Yuno Gasai. Again, Should I delete my videos and add swearing to them or should I wait and see how the whole FTC and Youtube thing will go down?

you dont need to delete your videos. YT just simply wants to know if your videos can be promoted to kids...meaning little 4 and 5 yr olds...you know when mom puts on the alphabet music video or funny puppet show. that is what they mean.

im not a kids channel, although young kids do look at dirtbikes but I still selected no, that my channel is not suitable for kids. Will my videos still go towards kids who look at dirtbike videos? Yes it will but it is not in the same category as "play the alphabet to my 4 yr old" video

essentially they just want to know if your channel is truly a kids channel. most gaming channels, whether it is rated for kids or not, wont be promoted to kids on its own.

hopefully that makes sense

WhySoZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My view is pretty much the same as the guy above.

Basically as long as your channel isn't dedicated to kids, such as channels such as "Ryan's World" etc, you should mainly just stick with no on the option as most games wouldn't be suitable due to violence. But even if the game is something as gruesome as like Doom 2016 you'd have no problem.

As with swearing from what I know it's fine as long as it's not too excessive: swearing often, racial slurs etc. Or using them too often at the start of the video if you want the video.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
you dont need to delete your videos. YT just simply wants to know if your videos can be promoted to kids...meaning little 4 and 5 yr olds...you know when mom puts on the alphabet music video or funny puppet show. that is what they mean.

im not a kids channel, although young kids do look at dirtbikes but I still selected no, that my channel is not suitable for kids. Will my videos still go towards kids who look at dirtbike videos? Yes it will but it is not in the same category as "play the alphabet to my 4 yr old" video

essentially they just want to know if your channel is truly a kids channel. most gaming channels, whether it is rated for kids or not, wont be promoted to kids on its own.

Yeah that make sense it's not like i'm making videos like baby shark. I won't delete them but I'll keep the re-edited version in private and see what happen later on. For the most part, I didn't wanted delete them anyway.

It's when I saw a scary fine is where I started to panic and consider doing that x)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Although it's still suck for the content creators that do make kid directed videos, as I feel like they didn't do anything wrong in this case.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My view is pretty much the same as the guy above.

Basically as long as your channel isn't dedicated to kids, such as channels such as "Ryan's World" etc, you should mainly just stick with no on the option as most games wouldn't be suitable due to violence. But even if the game is something as gruesome as like Doom 2016 you'd have no problem.

As with swearing from what I know it's fine as long as it's not too excessive: swearing often, racial slurs etc. Or using them too often at the start of the video if you want the video.
I want to put swearing here and there, depending on the moment. Otherwise none of my videos currently have any swears it's just the type of games I play, might not be suitable for children like you said.

My channel isn't directed to kid audience because I might upload videos like Gmod and GTA that'll include the violence.