Should I continue Youtube? Or not?

Tranxify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I am sure that everyone who started a Youtube channel, asks himself this question. "Should I keep my Youtube channel?" It is usually because they put a lot of effort but they do not see the growth they expect, or because they can't put in enough effort.

Personally, I have found myself rebounding all over the place with this question. One day I feel sad and that my channel is no going anywhere and that I am wasting my time. The other day I feel like I will be the new Pewdiepie of Youtube. And some other days I don't even think about the question.

So what do you think about this? Do you ask yourself this question? How do you react with it?

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I dream of defeating pewdiepie, but I am hopeless. I am just here on YouTube for fun. I always ask this question if I should really do YouTube, then I tell myself that JUST HAVE FUN. Its good time pass for me. No matter if I can defeat PDP.

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I see it this way, the more time you have to set around and mope, the more time you have to ask yourself "Why is my channel doing bad?" and "What can I do to improve it?". But if you have to ask yourself other questions, other then how to improve then ask yourself "Why do I do this?" and "What benefit do I gain from this?"

My solo content isn't the greatest but I want it to be, What am I doing to improve this? I'm training my voice so it's more prominent, I'm also working on my story telling ability to help hold people's attention.

Why did I start this? I started because I thought my friends and I could be funny, why not show it to the world! How did I benefit from this? I enjoy playing games, so all I'm doing is losing a little time editing, that's another thing I benefited from doing this! I found out I love editing! I've met a few people I work with on a regular basis that I'm utterly glad I've met.

My point with this is, don't focus on the negative or everything will drag you down and you won't feel like you will be any good. Find a reason it makes you happy, not a reason it makes you sad.

TheTNGMen

I'm Just a Meme Machine
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ehh, I don't want to be the new pewdiepie of youtube... I want to be the new TNGMen. I'm in this to have a good time and meet new people, and am enjoying it a lot even if it does take a little bit of work. Never would have dreamed that I would talk to game developers, test out brand new games, or get a fan-base of crazy a** Irish rowers! I started youtubing to improve myself as a person, to make some new friends, and to get out of my safety zone.

It's good to set a goal for wanting to be the next big thing, but you have to realize that it may not be for everyone. So you got to do it for yourself 1st, others 2nd, and success last. Once you start doing the first 2 things, the last will follow~

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

TopScienceFacts

I've Got It
Reaction score
You should never give up but its not good news when your thinking about this regularly and you only have been doing it for 2 months with 14 videos released. Honestly what did you think you would be at?

People who don't enjoy what they do and just want to get big and make money never make it, sorry to be harsh but that might be what you need to make a decision if you should continue or not.

mrarauzz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had the same thought process as you before. I was getting nowhere and very dissapointed, but I realized I just wanted to grow and wasn't having fun. Having fun is what should come first. If you are more concerned about numbers than making a video then I say stop. I stopped and came back when I decided just to make vids for fun and my channel has been doing pretty well, and I think my energy for actually wanting to make videos helps.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think, if you take youtube as a storage space for the videos you make and don't care if people see them or not then sure continue with youtube.

But! If you want people to watch your video, you want to be a successful youtuber and you seem to not grow at all(not even from 10 views per day to 40 views per day in 5 months or so) then rethink your options and maybe revamp your channel to an improved version or something else completely. Something else that you know you can enjoy making that is because it wont feel fulfilling or last long if you don't enjoy making them.

(all this is assuming you have at least 1 video or more per week and is completely active in making videos)

Picture~Perfect

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes I think to myself, what am I doing? This takes up so much of my time, time I should probably spend working on stuff for uni or something else more productive. There are times when it's hard to be motivated, especially when you know that people aren't really watching your content. Then I get really involved with a project or sit down to record some gameplay and edit some videos and I think you know what, I really enjoy this, yeah it would be nice if it was going somewhere but I do it for me, I love having a creative project to work on, I love sharing my gaming content and I enjoy the process and right now that's all that matters and it's that which keeps me going.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I've never asked that question myself, and ive been doing youtube for a super long time. I think it's your perspective, for me its a place to share my animations.

if your whole reason for uploading is to be popular, then its going to make you unhappy if you dont meet that goal. try and focus on enjoying making videos, and really enjoying the process rather than the result, it will make you much happier in the long run, and if you grow, its an added surprise bonus rather than a "finally getting somewhere -_-"

of course there's nothing wrong with wanting to be popular, and wanting big numbers, but don't rest your happiness on that, make that more of a side goal, and focus on making videos :)