Should I change my color scheme?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hi! My name is Cole. Please respond with constructive criticism. Thank you!

I recently started a news show called #WPF (that will soon be getting a bit of a budget increase) and the color scheme is something quite similar to a show I don't quite want to be associated with. The current color scheme is red and white (and also black), which is also the color for a certain drama show on YouTube hosted by Daniel Keem.

Any ideas?

Original style is attached.

Attachments

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should check out paletton.com, its super helpful for choosing color schemes! I use it all the time.

Try changing your primary color from red to something else. You also just have the general YouTube colors right now, which you may want to avoid.

Jacadamia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
While red is always nice and is associated with hunger (hunger for your videos, haha) other colors can be cool too! Like... blue is calm and trustworthy, yellow is lively, etc! I'd say just try out a bunch of combos and see what pops the most while looking the nicest

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah honestly I would change your colors. It is really close to Keem, and as far as I'm concerned not a lot of people like him lol.

I think yellow would be a good color to incorporate!

Reactions: Jacadamia

Stacy Pearl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Go for some positive colours, such as yellow or blue, both in the top 5 colours in the world.
coolors.co is great for generating random pallets.

Reactions: Jacadamia

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everybody pretty much said what I wanted to say, but I would like to add 1 more thing. If you create a new design for you channel, you might want to change the black background from your profile picture. It does not look appealing next to your channel art. At least... it doesn't right now. I hope I don't come over as a jerk haha, I'm just letting you know my personal opinion! Other then that... keep creating videos man!

DaKatz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Perhaps stick to blue or green. It is the world after all.