Should I change my channel name??

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really don´t know what to do here. I come up with an idea for a new name for my channel that might help my concept in the long run. But at the same time I am very happy with the name I got now and have build kind of a "brand" around.. (nothing big but still I got my subs and they know by that name and so on)

1. Can you give some advice?

2. If I change my channel name will I get a new custom YouTube url and if yes, how long will it take?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
mine came from a random word generator so i'm not best person to help. changing may not be good for established channel

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
mine came from a random word generator so i'm not best person to help. changing may not be good for established channel
I dont know if I would use the word "established":) I had the channel for about two years and yes I have some fans but also sub4sub subs and dead subs:) So maybe it would work. The reason why I hold back of course is do to the real fans I got and do to the fact I dont know if and when I can get a new custo channel url

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If I change my channel name will I get a new custom YouTube url and if yes, how long will it take?
you can change it every 90 days I think, at least a quick google search indicate this period.

Your channel name is nice, why change it? :) At least it sounds good to me :D

source: support.google.com/youtube/answer/2657968?hl=en

ooopps!? are you sure you want to give it away?

You can't change a custom URL after creation. However, you can remove the custom URL from your channel and claim a new one if you want to change it. Note that once you remove a custom URL it may become free to be claimed by another creator. In general, a YouTube channel may only have one (1) custom URL and custom URLs cannot be transferred or assigned to anyone.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No I am not sure and that is the problem:) I like my channel name too but new the new name got some more long term potential:) Thanks for the links by the way this make me think extra of course. So no I´m not sure I want to give it away I will have to think a bit more

Reactions: videoeditgr

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
What will it be about, and does the channel name connect with that? I think that's what you have to ask. Mine does, though it won't necessarily work for future endeavors. I've already worked on branding the name, so I think if the brand works, you should consider sticking with it.

Reactions: Dave2017

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like your channel name and if I was you I would not look to change it.
But if you are going to. What new channel names do you have in mind?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like your channel name and if I was you I would not look to change it.
But if you are going to. What new channel names do you have in mind?
Thanks dude I am still thinking about this:) It is a VERY good name IMO so I wouldn´t say it out loud (if you know what I mean;))