Should I change my channel name?

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone!

I'd like this topic to be dedicated about finding your channel in the Youtube search, and if changing your channelname would be better.

My own channel cannot be found easily when typing it in the search bar, and I was wondering if my channel name is too much existing and therefore should be changed. I was hoping people could help with this.
I will then add the solutions to this thread for others to find in the future.

Thanks in advance,
Shandor

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The solution:

Your channel name should be in: Channel tags, Video Tags, Every description

Last edited:

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If your channel name is matching too many other channels, and you've been around for a short enough time that it won't confuse too many subscribers, it may be one of those variables that's worthwhile to change.

Reactions: Shandor

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your channel name is matching too many other channels, and you've been around for a short enough time that it won't confuse too many subscribers, it may be one of those variables that's worthwhile to change.
The thing is, I dont know if it is just because I have been there for a too short period of time, or just because of the name. Because I now use my own name and have my doubts about changing it to my own name + last name because of job prospects and stuff.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Before you change it, make sure your channel name appears in the description of all your videos and also in the tags of your channel name and also the tags of each video.

Reactions: Lock

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Before you change it, make sure your channel name appears in the description of all your videos and also in the tags of your channel name and also the tags of each video.
Great valuable input, thanks!

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
make it a catchy name and easy to remember[DOUBLEPOST=1519167595,1519167440][/DOUBLEPOST]

good thinking!
I noticed this when i looked thru the tags generated by vidiq