Should I Change From Bridge Camera Recording to IPhone Recording?

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey there!
So a couple of years ago I made the huge mistake of not researching properly before I asked for a certain camera for Christmas. The camera in question is absolutely fantastic for photos...but it only records 640p on the video mode. I'm thinking of switching to using my IPhone 5s which I believe records in 720p buuut I don't have a tripod for that so I'm very worried about standing it up on things until I can save some money to buy a proper tripod, and I'm also worried about the space on the phone. What I'm wondering is; should I save the hassle and keep with my bridge camera that doesn't record great video, or should I change to IPhone and risk not having the greatest angles or space for my videos??
I'm asking this because since it's summer I finally want to go back to making videos, I've been away because of college (UK) and I just really want to start improving the quality of my videos.
If anyone has any opinions on this, please feel free to let me know :)
Thanks!
~Becky

Reactions: Eva Jupiter

Eva Jupiter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just watched your Letters short film and it was so beautiful and touching!!!! It was also shot amazingly and if you used the bridge camera to shoot it I say stick with that camera until you are able to buy the camera you prefer. :) <3

Reactions: Becky Keegan

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I just watched your Letters short film and it was so beautiful and touching!!!! It was also shot amazingly and if you used the bridge camera to shoot it I say stick with that camera until you are able to buy the camera you prefer. :) <3
Oh thankyou!! That was actually a college project and was filmed with another person's in the group's camera, it wouldn't look great if it was mine XD

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just check out a couple of your videos out, I personally feel you should stick to the camera you're using right now until you are able to save up for a new camera. Btw I like your intro what did you use to create it?

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I just check out a couple of your videos out, I personally feel you should stick to the camera you're using right now until you are able to save up for a new camera. Btw I like your intro what did you use to create it?
Okay, thankyou!! Oh I didn't make the intro so I have no idea what was used to create it :) I'll be changing it soon though :p

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Eva Jupiter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh in that case I would say in the meantime use your iPhone because that does have great quality! :)

If you have the funds you can get a cheap tripod for your phone (amazon, ebay) so that the footage would be more stabilized!

Goodluck hun!:wub:

TwoWords

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
You can also get pretty cheap tripods for your iPhone that would hold it steady. iPhone may not be the best quality, but like you say it would be a higher resolution.

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh in that case I would say in the meantime use your iPhone because that does have great quality! :)

If you have the funds you can get a cheap tripod for your phone (amazon, ebay) so that the footage would be more stabilized!

Goodluck hun!:wub:
Okay, thankyou!!

GadgetJohn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would look on ebay for "phone tripod" they're around £10 and would give you a good stable & level base for your phone, most iphones record in 1080 HD on the back camera, so use the tripod to line up your shot and use the rear camera for better quality... just try not to move around too much so you stay in frame OR have a mirror setup so you can see the screen of your iphone.

John