Should I care that much of copyrights?

Indie Corner

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ok, so pretty much I've started a music channel, sort of like Indie Nation (Only that I also upload from lesser known artists). So far I've got 1,704 views and 18 subscribers from 36 videos.
Now im not, by any means, taking on youtube as a full on job, but I hope till the end of the year, I would be able to monitize my content. To do that, im hoping to achieve a rough around 500 uploads till the end of the year.
Now so far 45% of my uploads are copyrighted (Which I don't mind at all, I fully respect the whole copyrighted system and artists/labels).
Now my question is the following. If I were to monitize my channel, would I face any backlash from it?
For example, it says on my video manager on a copyrighted video: Can't monetise video ; Policy: Monetised by copyright owner.

Does that mean that if there are ads on the video, it will go straight to the artists? I know I won't get any money from it, but should I be worried that my channel might be terminated?

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
If it is a claim, the copyright owner will get all the money that video makes, hence why i can't be monetise by you.

I would worry if it is a copyright strike, since that puts your account in bad standing, but claims and just claims so the video makes money for the copyright owner and not you but you can still upload videos.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Now so far 45% of my uploads are copyrighted (Which I don't mind at all, I fully respect the whole copyrighted system and artists/labels).

I'm a bit confused. You say you respect copyright and other artists but you take their songs and upload them to your channel without permission. I'd say that's the definition of NOT respecting copyright and other people's work, wouldn't you?

Sickly Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're good once it is not a copyright strike bro!! But i would advise you to try to avoid the claims as well just for good measure:) Keep doing what you doing man I wish you the best of luck!

Indie Corner

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm a bit confused. You say you respect copyright and other artists but you take their songs and upload them to your channel without permission. I'd say that's the definition of NOT respecting copyright and other people's work, wouldn't you?
I actually do contact the artists and most of them are cool with that, as long as I give them credits (Which I do in the descriptions).