Should I bother making/buying an intro?

the real potat

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Commentator
I do mainly commentary stuff, sometimes gameplay and things like that. Is it even worth buying/making an intro for this? I don't feel like it would improve any QOL features, but would it draw people in?

Reactions: musafaj

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
There are free intros that you can use. I would start there. Most people who watch your channel won't know it's free and the only people who will know are likely other youtubers who picked the same free intro.
Personally I don't use a branded intro. I think the intro that are super loud music intros are a bit annoying if they are too long and you might get viewer abandonment during the intro.
I would keep it under 5 seconds

Reactions: the real potat

the real potat

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Commentator
There are free intros that you can use. I would start there. Most people who watch your channel won't know it's free and the only people who will know are likely other youtubers who picked the same free intro.
Personally I don't use a branded intro. I think the intro that are super loud music intros are a bit annoying if they are too long and you might get viewer abandonment during the intro.
Yeah, I see your point on the blaringly loud intros. I'll check out those free ones though!

Reactions: Nicekid76

musafaj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I thought about this myself the other day but quickly decided that it wouldn't be worth it. I think that if you have a unique name and a banner and avatar that stand out, then that's all you need to attract people. Plus, there's nothing more annoying than one of those overly loud, cheap-looking intros that go on way too long. The times I've clicked on a video and seen that are times I immediately click off because I lose all belief that what I'm about to watch will be anything credible. I'm not saying your intro will be like that if you did make one, but given that a lot of the most well-known Youtubers don't use them, and with the risk of it being annoying if it's too "this" or "that"... I simply wouldn't bother.

Reactions: Nicekid76