Should I be ashamed?

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
As a general principle, you should always strive for doing what you love no matter what other people say, not only regarding Youtube.

I guess you are really young, but I can assure you once you'll be living on your own you'll be much more confident in forging and following your path :)

RainbowRaptorPie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As a general principle, you should always strive for doing what you love no matter what other people say, not only regarding Youtube.

I guess you are really young, but I can assure you once you'll be living on your own you'll be much more confident in forging and following your path :)
I'm 17, 18 in June so yeah, I still live with my mom and have a brother and sister that haven't moved out either so I juggle with recording times often. I bet you're right, once I've got my own place later down the road, I can be how I really am :D

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It's a very old cliché, but you have to follow your own path. Just remember that no matter what you do, sometimes people will like it, some won't. But as long as you can look back at it and say that you chose to do it because you believe it was right for you, then that should be your driving force to pursue your passion in life.

Well, that made me sound like an old guy... Haha.

RainbowRaptorPie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's a very old cliché, but you have to follow your own path. Just remember that no matter what you do, sometimes people will like it, some won't. But as long as you can look back at it and say that you chose to do it because you believe it was right for you, then that should be your driving force to pursue your passion in life.

Well, that made me sound like an old guy... Haha.
Sounding like an old guy aside (jk), what you said was the truth and only the truth. I think you're completely right :)

Sunsbookishgamesx

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I was ashamed at first! But don't let it. I don't tell people who don't care for gaming though

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Actually my mother was like this as well BUT after she saw how much people are having success with YouTube she even WANTS me to make a YouTube channel and make videos lol. These people have a closed mind and don't ever doubt what your passions are. Prove them wrong. Maybe one day they will admit that they were wrong and maybe you will even be the source of their motivation to start a YouTube channel as well. Remember that YOU are the one living your life, not your family. Be the first to prove them wrong. Challenge yourself to this.

amateurgamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't feel ashamed of what you choose to do. Life is only so long and you can only do so much. Why not do something you enjoy?
There will always be criticism. Our society generally opposes those who stand out. Others are fearful you will succeed or even try something they dared not try. Your family members might not be hostile towards you but they don't know how much their words can hurt.
Just keep going and never look back. People regret what they didn't do more than what they did do.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
dude, your story is the epitome of someone "psyching you out". Most things in life worth going for will face major scrutiny and judgement by others and will take some sort of risk/leap of faith on your part. If you push through that fear, and bank on yourself and what you know you can do/want to do, then nothing will stop you and that risk will turn into a reward. Don't let anyone stop you.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It spurs on creativity, helps you learn things like editing and film making that you normally would never probably learn, and you are doing something they aren't. Putting yourself out there and the talent you have. I'd be obnoxious with it. Showing it off and tell them that haters gonna hate.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
YouTube looks like a shame for most of the parents, but once you rage on YOUTUBE, nobody can stop you from being famous. Do it privately and open yourself once u r famous. Don't be ashamed at all :)