Should I ask for a licensing fee?

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey guys,

I am very familiar with licensing fees and know what I can get for various videos, and when it's a viral video I usually ask for a fee or license it through a 3rd party ahead of time. However, I was approached by a French TV show about them doing a story on me and my musical covers, so I'm conflicted about even asking them for a fee since it would be great to have them promote my work.

On the other hand, YT revenue has been so ridiculously low that any other stream of revenue would be great, even if it's just $100.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks.

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Actually, i usually say, try everything, stick with what works.
Yeah, I think you're right. I was as tactful as possible about it. I didn't want to seem greedy, but with YT revenue tanking (my RPM is ridiculously low lately) even $50 would be nice. But I tried to let on that it's not a deal breaker if they can't do it. I would really like the publicity. Hopefully it works out. Thanks.

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
As the old saying goes, "servant's worth his hire." For all the work you put into your channel, I think you deserve at least something for any negotiations like this.

Reactions: YAOG