Shortening a 1 hour video to a 10 minute video?

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
it's a vlog at the zoo. i don't mind not getting views since i dont get many anyways haha. but the uploading will probably take forever. zzzzz. i have no idea what to do. i think i might split it into two videos. bleh. thank you to all the replies! :)
I doubt most people will want to listen to a vlog that long. If the length is due to talking about the animals at the zoo, then I would break it up into 2-3 videos. First, take out the vlog stuff (your life, opinions etc.) and post that as your vlog. Then make a Life at the Zoo Part 1, add some music and repeat until all of the interesting parts of the animal footage have been used.

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm watching a 14 minute long Bill Maher video now. I'd watch a 20 min video.[DOUBLEPOST=1350230697,1350230629][/DOUBLEPOST]
I doubt most people will want to listen to a vlog that long. If the length is due to talking about the animals at the zoo, then I would break it up into 2-3 videos. First, take out the vlog stuff (your life, opinions etc.) and post that as your vlog. Then make a Life at the Zoo Part 1, add some music and repeat until all of the interesting parts of the animal footage have been used.
Do you want to do a box for box?

delstacy24

I've Got It
Reaction score
For me the only reason to go beyond 10 minutes would be if the content demands it. In fact I can't tell you how many 10 minute "how to" videos and product reviews I have sat through thinking "I could have got all that info in in 3 minutes". I am planning on taking the always leave the audience wanting more approach. Being asked, by your fans, to make a second video is a good thing, in my opinion.