Short Vlogs or Long Vlogs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guys I just started my vlog channel and I sorta want an opinion on which is better. Short vlogs or Long vlogs? So far I have uploaded 2 vlogs both kinda long. But idk if short vlogs will be better or not. Please give me some feedback on my vlog channel and which is better. Thanks Peeps.

Last edited:

HumbleZeus

Leader of the Humblers, Thunder God, Pizza Lover
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
generally short vlogs are better simply since you don't have to keep searching for things to talk about as opposed to longer ones where people start to lose interest faster and the conversations become more forced but depending on the person or topic longer vlogs work too :)

Reactions: Eriik

Eriik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
thanks for the info

TheMakuw

Reaction score
Hey, great question and certainly something to consider. We play with longer and shorter lengths with our vlogs. It's weird, some of our longer ones have gotten a lot of views and some of the shorter ones have gotten similar numbers. That said, I try to keep ours no longer than 13 minutes and I prefer them to be under 10. If I find that I need an episode to be a little longer, I really work (with the editing) to keep the "storyline" moving quickly. I think it's all about audience engagement. As length increases, it becomes more-and-more difficult to maintain engagement. All the best. Again, great question

Ruben The God

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my opinion if you are starting out are going to want to keep them under 5 min because people soon lose interest if they don't know you well.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Very old thread. OP is no longer active. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.