Short Satire skit needs review please

feyrerm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi My channel is fairly new and I want to produce the highest quality content I can. In light of this I submit what I feel is my best content to date for your review.

Video:

Self review:
I am uncertain if my thumbnail attracts attention.

I try to cut as much out of my stories as I can, with only what I need to tell the story, But at what point do you miss humor for the sake of the story?

The voice overs are not as clean as I would like, but its so hard to listen to your own voice, so I may be being too harsh.

I added a lot of effects to get an aged look to the footage, but I am uncertain it is well done, or possibly even a distraction to the story.

What I am looking to have reviewed:
Is the edit too tight or have I have I left too much in?

Is the production quality and the effects I added good? Distracting? What could be done to improve this?

Were the voice overs, and overall audio done well? did you find anything distracting or annoying? are the levels correct? What could be done to improve the audio as a whole?

Is the video humorous to you? What could be done to make it funnier?

What could be done overall to improve this video, and thumbnail.

I know that's a lot so I'm sorry for that, but I am trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks in advance for your time, and expertise!

Sincerely,

Mike

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Mike,

I have numbered all your questions from top to bottom 1-5
1. The edit looks good, although the vlog number... part could be a bit more interesting instead of white text on a black background
2. I think you did a good job here, it isn't too much I even think it would have been cool had you added some effects to the greenscreen, for example keyed it and placed a giant storm there, when it was gaining control
3. Voice over was done very well, I love the sound of your voice, it sounds so deep and warm
4. The video is pretty funny, although you could have exaggerated a bit more, for example really have it beat you down up until a point that you smack against the floor
5. Thumbnail should be lighter, it is a bit too dark.

It looks good overall, keep up the good work!!

Reactions: feyrerm

feyrerm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey Mike,

I have numbered all your questions from top to bottom 1-5
1. The edit looks good, although the vlog number... part could be a bit more interesting instead of white text on a black background
2. I think you did a good job here, it isn't too much I even think it would have been cool had you added some effects to the greenscreen, for example keyed it and placed a giant storm there, when it was gaining control
3. Voice over was done very well, I love the sound of your voice, it sounds so deep and warm
4. The video is pretty funny, although you could have exaggerated a bit more, for example really have it beat you down up until a point that you smack against the floor
5. Thumbnail should be lighter, it is a bit too dark.

It looks good overall, keep up the good work!!
Shandor,

Thanks for taking the time to check it out! I really appreciate the feedback. The storm idea would have been amazing! I think my thumbs tend on the dark side in total. I need to work on that.

Thanks again!

Mike

Reactions: Shandor

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Shandor,

Thanks for taking the time to check it out! I really appreciate the feedback. The storm idea would have been amazing! I think my thumbs tend on the dark side in total. I need to work on that.

Thanks again!

Mike
You're welcome! Glad I could help :)

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I thought it was overall good. I liked the narration. you have a good voice for it. actually kind of reminded me of the wonderyears for some reason. I think I would have liked to have heard a little more voice from the action in combination with the narration. the box seat's part was perfect I literally lol'd. I think in general the skit could have been better if more exaggerated.

Reactions: feyrerm

feyrerm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I thought it was overall good. I liked the narration. you have a good voice for it. actually kind of reminded me of the wonderyears for some reason. I think I would have liked to have heard a little more voice from the action in combination with the narration. the box seat's part was perfect I literally lol'd. I think in general the skit could have been better if more exaggerated.
Thanks you for the kind words! I have gotten a few great comments on videos I narrate which tells me I may need to do more of it. It is so funny that I needed to be more exaggerated. When filming it felt so over the top already. I guess I can go full over the top on this sort of stuff and feel OK with it. Thanks you so much for taking the time to watch and leave me feedback. It mean a lot to me and is so helpful for me to continue to improve a s a filmmaker.

Thanks,

Mike