Sharing Revenue? Please help.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone!

So my channel has some videos on them with large amounts of views. In a lot of these videos I used music (specified as "Free to Use" via YouTube music policies) for my outro. I stopped doing this in recent videos and started using my boyfriend's original music instead.

I'm about to start uploading regularly again and while going through my channel, I noticed some new copyright claims that weren't there before, all having to do with the songs that YT said were "Free to Use" and monetize and blah blah blah.

I was able to replace a few of the outro songs, but on videos containing one particular song, the Copyright Claim said that the record label is "sharing revenue" with me for the video. It will not allow me to replace the outro song, like I did for the other videos. It gives me the option to dispute, but I don't want to dispute. I get it. They hold the copyright. YouTube was wrong. Additionally, I don't have any strikes as of right now and I know I'm risking getting one by filing a dispute, so I only go that route with videos I know are covered by "Fair Use".

What can I do?

I also want to note that I'm not currently a monetized channel. I haven't been uploading consistently, but when I do, I start pulling in views and I'm about to start uploading again and just want to make sure that I've got this covered and understand what my options are if this happens again in the future when monetized.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
The problem is that if you have multiple copyright claims against your videos, YouTube won't monetize your channel in the first place. Nor will it monetize your channel if you are depending on claims of "Fair Use" as a rule these days.