Shall I delete a channel with 2.86K subs and 1.5 million views?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a dilemma right now. First little history:
My main channel was for stereoscopic 3D videos, where most of the videos were in 3D. After the literally zero support from YouTube, the risk of getting again hundreds of videos broken, many negative comments from viewers and issues with my 3D camcorder in August 2017, I've decided to stop making 3D videos and continue with 2D. I announced it, and it was well accepted by the subscribers. Since then my main channel has 4x increase in daily views and almost 2x increase in subscribers.
I had some requests for 2D versions of the videos before, so I also created a 2D channel where I uploaded some of the videos in the past. Several of these 2D videos went almost viral and this mirror/separate channel also receives good amount of views per day and it is with 2.86K subscribers right now, 1.5 million views and 227K views for the last 28 days. The channel has 1/30 of mostly the same videos as my main channel, but one of the videos has 732K views, one is with 205K views and another one with 65K views. The same videos on my main channel almost have no views. I've asked YouTube if it is possible to move videos between channels without re-uploading them and they said NO! I also announced that I won't update this secondary channel and no new videos are there since 18th of August, but people continue to subscribe, comment and watch.

So my dilemma is: Shall I delete this second channel with 2.86K subs and 1.5 million views?

If I delete, I hope people will go to my main channel and subscribe to it, instead of having my viewers split. On the other hand these 3 viral videos will be gone and I will lose the views on them. And possibility is the channel to be used for experiments or random topics in the future, so keeping it may prove useful in the future, but right now it's hurting the main channel.

Your thoughts? Shall I keep it, delete it, or delete some of the videos on it, rename it and hide any affiliation with my main channel?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Don't delete, just move.

When we started digibox we left a failed channel, we didn't delete the channel we made a video saying we were moving and starting over linked to the new channel and that was it.

Reactions: Hirudov

Juke Joint Gaming

Reaction score
Don't delete, just move.

When we started digibox we left a failed channel, we didn't delete the channel we made a video saying we were moving and starting over linked to the new channel and that was it.
Why did you start a new channel instead of making the failing one work? I am curious because I see this type of thing and don't understand what a "Failing" channel means. How does making a new channel make it not fail as much as the other did?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Why did you start a new channel instead of making the failing one work? I am curious because I see this type of thing and don't understand what a "Failing" channel means. How does making a new channel make it not fail as much as the other did?
2 years, over 600 videos, only 65k views, 213 subs.
The channel was dead in the ground nothing would revive it.
We started over and gained over 200 subs in a month. The new channel succeeded because we went out to create high quality content from the start.

Juke Joint Gaming

Reaction score
2 years, over 600 videos, only 65k views, 213 subs.
The channel was dead in the ground nothing would revive it.
We started over and gained over 200 subs in a month. The new channel succeeded because we went out to create high quality content from the start.

I get it TY :thumbsup2:

Reactions: DigiBox

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My second channel isn't dead. Quite the opposite, it's still getting good amount of views, comments and new subscribers daily. That's why I care about it. If it is dead I would just delete it and forget about it. The issue is that it is probably taking part of the audience, which will be better if they are on my main channel, where I publish daily. People subscribe on the second channel, but there are no new uploads since August, so they won't get notifications of anything new. Uploading on the second channel makes no sense right now, because it will be broadcast to 6 times less subscribers. Probably in the future I may upload something that doesn't fit on the main channel, but the subscribers are there not for this.