Setting up to launch a adword campaign - and consulting?

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
To add more brightness and professional look to you videos you need - adobe premiere pro cs6. This will help you with quality a lot.
Thank you. That is very good advice. This is the software with monthly subscription, is that right?

After reading all of everyone's comments, I think I am leaning towards getting a consult. It starting to seem like it is not so expensive considering the investment that people are making on ads.

Thank you all for your input and suggestions!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thank you. That is very good advice. This is the software with monthly subscription, is that right?

After reading all of everyone's comments, I think I am leaning towards getting a consult. It starting to seem like it is not so expensive considering the investment that people are making on ads.

Thank you all for your input and suggestions!!

you can get it as monthly subscription from adobe or you can buy softwear .If you have a student or teacher in your family you will get cheaper rates for this.

From whom do you want to take consultation?

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
you can get it as monthly subscription from adobe or you can buy softwear .If you have a student or teacher in your family you will get cheaper rates for this.

From whom do you want to take consultation?
It's from a channel that is well established in the niche our channels is in (toys, no faces, young kids), sparkle spice.

Reactions: Gamayun

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi everyone,

This forum has been so eye opening in learning how strategic building a youtube channel is. I really did think you just upload and wait...In many ways, I am relieved that there is a strategy to it all.

After reading some of the posts, I am thinking that I need to start a campaign to get ahead in the saturated toy channel market. I'll continue to try to improve on SEO but it is clear to me that I cannot compete. I am also thinking my channel needs to be more focused so I plan to make more videos that are specific and create a playlist(s). After looking around, I think I am going to focus on "parking garage toys" because we have all the toys and lots of vehicles that can be grouped together into other other keywords, like "emergency vehicles", "construction vehicles". After I create a handful of these similar themed videos I am thinking of launching a campaign. Does this seem like a reasonable approach or are these keywords still too competitive for me to target? I got tube buddy and tonight I am going to play around with vidIQ to see if I can find better keywords. I'm also considering starting instagram or facebook, but I don't know that this is important for toy channels geared for younger children.

In the meantime, one of the leading toy channels has started to offer consulting.The price is kind of steep ($150 for 15 minutes - or maybe this is standard) but I can easily spend that much purchasing new toys.

Thank you for reading this through, I appreciate any feedback!
After advocating use of adwords and finding some results with it. I now advocate against it because in the long run it probably delays more than it helps. In other words i think it hurts you more than it helps.
You can definitely grow with it and find some success. But it will be a very meager growth with high dollar cost. The time you spend trying to figure out and test adwords is better spent working on improving your channel. It can take over a month to do mutiple adword tests and figure things out. At same time i have an uneducated guess that it probably takes about 3 months of "doing things right" on your channel to have a very good growth rate.
I see plenty of channels who were smaller than me and are now bigger or are increasing at a fast rate and its because theyre producing videos on only 1 or 2 toys, uploading regularly, the toys they upload are very popular, the thumbnails are great, and im sure they do other good things too.
I think i was at around 13k subs in march and i started to focus on disney cars 3 because of the upcoming movie and the toy fits my channel audience. After a little over 3 months im about to hit 25k.
The problem with adwords is it masks your real value as a channel. Its like using cheat codes on a game, you can do better with cheat codes but your real skill or value as a player is still not that great. All it does is hide the fact that maybe your thumbnails are unclickable, or content is unwatchable, or there is no interest or demand in the video topic. Its harder to see and work on channel problems if you are inflating it with paid views. Because maybe these increased views look like success but really its not. And again all that time is better spent improving your channel. No matter how much views you will pay for, it will shy incomparison to the loads of views youtube will give you for free after some time spent making the right choices. Adwords views = ants and youtube suggested views = elephants.
With all that said, if you really know what youre doing and your channel is on a righteous path, then it wouldnt hurt to do adwords.[DOUBLEPOST=1500410923,1500409557][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can completely agree with KTR on this. I'm spending currently $10 a day and it does bring views and some subs to my channel, but once ads stop, the AI is not on my side and nothing is being driven to my channel.

I attempted the learn colors, numbers, and animal names thing as well with a few videos and of course, can't seem to get on the suggested videos. Sadly, I hopped on this band wagon too late... and should have done this 6 months ago.

I'm currently, trying to figure out a way to revive my channel. As that even our videos that did ok, which were McD toys, are not even being pushed now.
Thats tough. I commend you guys for trying new things. You should do more research on where you videos show up in suggested. Because if you look at your homepage there are a bunch of happy meal channels in the related section. I dont know how accurate my assumption is, but i use that section to see what channel category youtube associates you with. So all your new topic videos might not be getting much traction in suggested if youtube still associating your channel with happy meal channels. It may take some time for your rebranding to take effect so theres goin to be a month or two ahead of trying to get associated with nonhappy meal videos. I guess in your case adwords would be beneficial.
But I really advocate focusing on limited keyword topics so that with the repetition of the same keyword youtube will eventually brand you as that keyword. So when i do fidget spinners or lava i am still having it disney cars 3 related so i have stronger prescence with any other cars 3 video. Smaller channels do not have the luxury of copying big channels like ryan toy review and expecting the same kind of success. Because any video they make will generate good views for only them and their established base. If you dig into ryan toy review channel further you will see they only started with limited toy topics too. Most of their early videos before they grew were thomas train and disney cars. If they did additinal keywrods like science project slime or giant eggs it was incombination with those repeating thomas or disney cars topics. And eventually they grew with transformers and paw patrol. So it probably hurts right now if youre doing too much variety of topics without a recurring theme/keyword. You have to make mutiple videos on one keywrod to get youtubes attention to associate your videos with that keyword in suggested. The goal is to show up in suggested.

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Very well said and summarised, and spoken with experience. They've turned off my ads anyway this morning, the Visa card is maxed out and auto-payment failed. Take a few days to clear up. Let's see what happens traffic wise the next few days.
Results will vary of course. If regularly advertise then thats going to take some adjusting. Ive become a slave to daily uploads. If i miss too many days or if i upload too many non-disney cars content, then my daily views tend to drop. I hate how views drop off and expire like options trading. My channel is only as good as the last couple videos, and cant afford any drops when youtube is regularly? evaluating your avg growth. My goal right now is to replace all the videos in the realtime report with high performing ones. I got a huge bump one on video after uploading 6 solid ones in a row. And then i uploaded a dud. Trying to recreate the huge bump.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It may take some time for your rebranding to take effect so theres goin to be a month or two ahead of trying to get associated with nonhappy meal videos. I guess in your case adwords would be beneficial.
Very well said and summarised, and spoken with experience. They've turned off my ads anyway this morning, the Visa card is maxed out and auto-payment failed. Take a few days to clear up. Let's see what happens traffic wise the next few days.

Your comment above is what i wanted to ask about - you do agree that a targeted campaign can build new associations quicker than letting things run their course. Of course I'm assuming playlist strategies, seo, etc would be redirected to build new associations in addition to adwords. My understanding of how "the whole thing" works now is it's focussed on viewer behaviour, the more you can guide and influence that behaviour, the more association you can build between you and another channel. As you say a 1k channel building association with RTR is highly unlikely, but certainly a 1k can build that association with a growing 10k?[DOUBLEPOST=1500413449,1500413236][/DOUBLEPOST]
Results will vary of course. If regularly advertise then that's going to take some adjusting. Ive become a slave to daily uploads. If i miss too many days or if i upload too many non-disney cars content, then my daily views tend to drop. I hate how views drop off and expire like options trading. My channel is only as good as the last couple videos, and cant afford any drops when youtube is regularly? evaluating your avg growth. My goal right now is to replace all the videos in the realtime report with high performing ones. I got a huge bump one on video after uploading 6 solid ones in a row. And then i uploaded a dud. Trying to recreate the huge bump.

Recently, as in the last few month, I have noticed a distinct difference. Videos die much quicker. Before our backlog got a good trickle of several hundred an hour, now it's 0 to 100 an hour, mostly 0 to 10/hour. It seems the focus in on explosive growth (that 3 week channel in colors vertical that got 40M views on a playground video identical to thousands of playground nursery rhyme videos). It's much much more spikey now, and the drops are drastic and fast. Backlog, unless it's very strong/trendy, is dead much more quickly. It seems higher upload frequency with higher quality is required, in order to have a higher chance of hitting the AI sweet spot.

Hahaha about the options - my previous "hobby". Out of the money expiry is perfect when writing calls! Makes me think of the good 'ol trading days, perhaps get that Ameritrade account opened again!

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Results will vary of course. If regularly advertise then thats going to take some adjusting. Ive become a slave to daily uploads. If i miss too many days or if i upload too many non-disney cars content, then my daily views tend to drop. I hate how views drop off and expire like options trading. My channel is only as good as the last couple videos, and cant afford any drops when youtube is regularly? evaluating your avg growth. My goal right now is to replace all the videos in the realtime report with high performing ones. I got a huge bump one on video after uploading 6 solid ones in a row. And then i uploaded a dud. Trying to recreate the huge bump.
Right now I see Adwords as a tool to change a dropping down views pattern . If algorithm see all of our channels like combination of words and numbers I would think, that if I change the dropping pattern in to the upper direction, that will help me to get back in favor of algorithm because my numbers will improve.

“You have to make mutiple videos on one keywrod to get youtubes attention to associate your videos with that keyword in suggested. The goal is to show up in suggested.”

Is great idea and I will test it

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer

Your comment above is what i wanted to ask about - you do agree that a targeted campaign can build new associations quicker that letting things do it's course. Of course I'm assuming playlist strategies, seo, etc would be redirected to build new associations in addition to adwords. My understanding of how "the whole thing" works now is it's focussed on viewer behaviour, the more you can guide and influence that behaviour, the more association you can build between you and another channel. As you say a 1k channel building association with RTR is highly unlikely, but certainly a 1k can build that association qith a growing 10k?
Im not really sure how quick. My guess was 3 months and im basing that off of a couple of things. One is deral eves? video where he says youtube analyzes your channel every 3 months or something. Where if you do well and grow for 90 days then you should get a bump. Also a disney cars channel keivon toys review told me he started focusing more on cars during a certain month. His channel had less subscribers than mine but after about 3 months his subscriber growth eclpised mine. Also it probably took me about 3 months of solid cars 3 before i started getting higher volume from other cars videos. And my related channel list changed. I think the true test of how long it takes youtube to analyze or asssociate channel would be from timing the changes in related channel list. I dont remember how long it took, but definitely longer than a month. Maybe 2-3 months. Thats with steady targeted uploads. Also i started before cars 3 was trending so maybe take longer than 3 months for smaller channels.
Im beginning to think that your base of subscribers is crucial in propelling your video with their viewing habits if they are interested in your video. So each topic is like a different demographic. Theres def a difference between older kids viewers and baby viewers. Which is why i think i would have to do those young kid learning stuff in another channel. I think those simple toy videos for babies have higher growth rate but would probably hurt my channel if i tried to do it.
Right now im trying to finesse my base to watch other keyword topics like paw patrol to earn some associations in paw patrol. right now i dont get views for paw patrol unless i combine with cars 3. Maybe after a couple months of paw patrol ill have associations with that.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
[QUOTE="KiddieToysReview, post: works now is it's focussed on viewer behaviour, the more you can guide and influence that behaviour, the more association you can build between you and another channel. As you say a 1k channel building association with RTR is highly unlikely, but certainly a 1k can build that association with a growing 10k?[DOUBLEPOST=1500413449,1500413236][/DOUBLEPOST]

So it is like we need to create artistic style subject and technique similar to the big channel to get the algorythm to associate as with large channel