Setting up to launch a adword campaign - and consulting?

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good to know. I think we'll try without the AdWords on the next video to see what happens. I think we must have targeted the wrong demographic with the last video because the retention is ho-hum (while I think it's our best video yet).

Reactions: Gamayun

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good to know. I think we'll try without the AdWords on the next video to see what happens. I think we must have targeted the wrong demographic with the last video because the retention is ho-hum (while I think it's our best video yet).
I Like your new unicorns video.Did you use special effects in it? Kids looks amazing

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I Like your new unicorns video.Did you use special effects in it? Kids looks amazing
Thanks! It was a lot of fun to put together but a lot of work. The only special effects I did were the dust coming from the ogre's foot when he stepped on the ground in front of the kids while they were hiding and of course the flame coming out of the pterodactyl's mouth. The rest is all in camera. The sound took a while to do (all those footsteps are individual sound files) but really worth it. I'm a big fan of adding regular sound to slow motion stuff, makes it more alive.

Andy R

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do a mix of newest video and the first episode in my main playlist. I figure if they like that first video, they might keep going and watch more episodes. Our videos don't follow any trends (yet!) so we don't have to worry about a video's content being outdated. YouTube, on the other hand, doesn't like old videos, which is unfortunate given the content we produce. Nevertheless, I will persist with my strategy for the time being and enjoy creating our toddler talk show videos.
Can you choose as playlist to for adwords? I cannot find the option.

TinasToyTime

Reaction score
Hello!
Did you end up paying Sparkle Spice for her consultation services? I've considered doing the same thing in terms of paying for promotion/consultation, but I would like to know if this was a waste of money, or if it was worth it?

This world of YouTube is definitely mysterious...I would love to crack the code in terms of getting noticed!

Wishing you all the best...