Setting up to launch a adword campaign - and consulting?

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
On my main channel I do not use Adwords for the last 4 month at all and just watching patterns of views. I also publish my content only onece a week. I published video with limited subject to get recommended by youtube in specific nitche . With my second channel I use adwords on every video for the past 3 month ( around 5 to 10 dollars per video for the first day on then 0.50 cents till my next video get released) On my second channel I publish one time a week also. Channel number three is dormant with new videos and it set 0.20 cents a day for the latest video I published to get fresh views and only serving in research of traffic flow for the small channel.I probably will stop Adword on it soon.
I got lucky in 2016 few times by getting recommended by Youtube Al and it helped me to grow.Now days it is almost impossible to grow your channel without paying for it out of your nose/. Personally I am in the waiting mode of survival . It is no need to bust your butt right now to get more subs( subs are irrelevant- only views matter). Concentrate to build more views per video and rising you watch time that way. It make data of your channel looks like it is have potencial and Al could start helping you naturally. Adwords is good only when you starting unless you have unlimited $$$ to spend . with 70k in subs it will be hard for me to pay my way up but 5K in sub count is possible to push up a little bit. Good luck!
Thanks for the detailed response! This is very interesting.
So YouTube AI recommended a video you were currently running with AdWords? Or was AdWords already stopped for that video and AI picked up on it because of the views?

Edit:
Sorry, one more question!
What is posting with limited subject?
I see a lot of people still stuffing keywords in the title. That doesn't work anymore?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for the detailed response! This is very interesting.
So YouTube AI recommended a video you were currently running with AdWords? Or was AdWords already stopped for that video and AI picked up on it because of the views?

Edit:
Sorry, one more question!
What is posting with limited subject?
I see a lot of people still stuffing keywords in the title. That doesn't work anymore?

Thanks for your help!
Yes, AL recommending video with AdWords running and also videos that I stopped run AdWords because I build vertical direction in views on my channel. It is not happened to every video.

I do Thomas and friends drawing on one channel and 123 and ABC animation on another for 3 last month and it working for me so far. Title is important but stuffing it with keywords pointless because to many people doing the same thing and some of them paying for ads. Only chance to get views for free is using popular subject in original form .

Reactions: Babygames

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes, AL recommending video with AdWords running and also videos that I stopped run AdWords because I build vertical direction in views on my channel. It is not happened to every video.

I do Thomas and friends drawing on one channel and 123 and ABC animation on another for 3 last month and it working for me so far. Title is important but stuffing it with keywords pointless because to many people doing the same thing and some of them paying for ads. Only chance to get views for free is using popular subject in original form .
That's interesting...using a popular subject makes sense too. I was thinking about adding some Paw Patrol to my channel. I saw a lot of kids in Paw Patrol costumes on Halloween. I'll have to look into AdWords again as well.

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That's interesting...using a popular subject makes sense too. I was thinking about adding some Paw Patrol to my channel. I saw a lot of kids in Paw Patrol costumes on Halloween. I'll have to look into AdWords again as well.

Thank you! Much appreciated.
Yes Paw Patrol have a large fan base and it is a goo chance to get this views. Good luck!

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think there is room for all kinds of channels. But I have noticed more family channels - maybe there is more of it? I haven't tried adword campaign yet. I can't seem to find the time to sit down and figure it all out :(
I work on AdWords every day. What I will say to you is this:

1) Bigger channels are definitely using AdWords, I've worked on campaigns in the past for bigger brands spending big money on YouTube ads

2) Views from AdWords YouTube ads DO go towards your total visible view time and views stats, but, the views and watch time from ads DO NOT count towards ranking videos (Google are on the record saying this)

3) Video campaigns on AdWords are tricky. It's a balancing act between getting tons of volume by using affinity audiences etc vs using keyword and channel targeting, you'll have to play with this and optimise over time depending on your goals

4) There are 2 targeting options for when somebody clicks your video. You can either have the person clicking view the video, or have them go through to your channel page. I have found the channel page can provide a better "earned subscriber" rate

5) Bit of a selfish one :) - I am in the process of planning my next PPC videos and this thread has given me confidence that YouTube ads are something people really want to learn about. I'll be doing that over the next week! Thanks :)

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's great to see activity here!

As for our channel, we had continual sickness (flu) in our home, kids started preschool which meant more sickness. I got behind then I just had to stop.

I haven't given up on building the channel yet!! I am trying to restart soon, I think realistically I'll start again in January but I'm secretly hoping in dec. I'm planning to use ads immediately.

I think definitely many people are interested in this topic so I'm grateful we are getting hints from those with more experience!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I work on AdWords every day. What I will say to you is this:

1) Bigger channels are definitely using AdWords, I've worked on campaigns in the past for bigger brands spending big money on YouTube ads

2) Views from AdWords YouTube ads DO go towards your total visible view time and views stats, but, the views and watch time from ads DO NOT count towards ranking videos (Google are on the record saying this)

3) Video campaigns on AdWords are tricky. It's a balancing act between getting tons of volume by using affinity audiences etc vs using keyword and channel targeting, you'll have to play with this and optimise over time depending on your goals

4) There are 2 targeting options for when somebody clicks your video. You can either have the person clicking view the video, or have them go through to your channel page. I have found the channel page can provide a better "earned subscriber" rate

5) Bit of a selfish one :) - I am in the process of planning my next PPC videos and this thread has given me confidence that YouTube ads are something people really want to learn about. I'll be doing that over the next week! Thanks :)
Looking forward to your videos!
Did you work on smaller campaigns? Like a channel with a a few hundred subs? If so, what did they do to grow? Besides trying to make quality content.

For people who don't want to bug their friends and family on Facebook, Insta and Twitter. Is AdWords a good way to grow a very small channel? I've looked at some Facebook groups and it's usually sub for sub or people get band for promo.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looking forward to your videos!
Did you work on smaller campaigns? Like a channel with a a few hundred subs? If so, what did they do to grow? Besides trying to make quality content.

For people who don't want to bug their friends and family on Facebook, Insta and Twitter. Is AdWords a good way to grow a very small channel? I've looked at some Facebook groups and it's usually sub for sub or people get band for promo.
I haven't worked on a small channel before, but the principles remain the same. I have seen more recently smaller channels of 1-2k subs using AdWords. But the issue is, you don't want to grow your channel from below 100 subs with AdWords in the early days, or if you do, do it conservatively. The only reason I say that is because you first need to have confidence your content is good. I've only been doing this for 10 weeks and looking at my 1st video, I cringe! Even now I don't think I'm there yet.

When you know your content is good, AdWords can accelerate the growth, but keep uploading first :)

Also, you can join Facebook groups in your niche to share videos, that won't get you banned if your videos aren't commercial. From what I see, your videos are about teaching babies. There are tons of baby groups you could introduce your content to. As long as you're not selling.

I'll be making videos on AdWords for YouTube this week, so stay tuned :)

Thanks,
Darren

Reactions: Babygames

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for the tips, it's hard to get into the baby groups as a newbie. I don't have kids so I try to go into it asking what types of videos they want to see for their kids. It's a bit awkward, but I got some feedback :)

Has anyone seen the Derral Eves - How to Grow on Youtube videos?
He recorded a panel he was on. He basically says that using adwords right after upload kills organic growth. Apparently he's tested it a few times.

Looks like I can't post the link but the video is called - How to grow on youtube fast - decoding new youtube algorithm 2017 (He talks about adwords 43minutes, 8 seconds)