Setting up to launch a adword campaign - and consulting?

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks a lot but not sure I'm eligible... I have had Google account for more than 10 years, but never advertised through Adwords. I could have used it in the past for keyword discovery only or out of curiosity. So I don't have an option to open it - I just logged in and can create campaigns straight away.
I did receive an offer to get $150 if I spend $150, which is still a good deal but not as good as $25...
If you did not connect your youtube channel to your old adwords account you can just open new account and use it for youtube[DOUBLEPOST=1505524493,1505522659][/DOUBLEPOST]
I also never received that offer. I put around 10$ just to try it out and it was terrible. For 5$ I got around 160views.
To get 500 view out 5 bucks you need to do few thinks right. Set add to be shown at low cost 0.01 per view. Choose country smart- get Brazil or India something low cost. In US and Canada you will pay 0.05-0.06 per view wich is a big difference when you starting your channel

Reactions: RTT

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You don't need to set countries for 1c ads, they will only ever be shown in the low cost countries and whilst you will get the views, those views are almost useless.
Those people won't subscribe or watch more of your video's, and most likely you will get a large % of thumbs downs and very low page rpm.

It's best to target the audience you want so a 5c ad will get better countries which in turn are more likely to subscribe and keeps your page rpm up.

Going for the more higher paid countries would take 10c - 12c ads, norway, saudi arabia, dubai etc might sound expensive but if they sub and watch your video's you will notice a much higher page rpm, works both ways, advertise to high end countries gets you high end views.

I would much rather 10 subs from norway then 1,000 subs from vietnam or india.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You don't need to set countries for 1c ads, they will only ever be shown in the low cost countries and whilst you will get the views, those views are almost useless.
Those people won't subscribe or watch more of your video's, and most likely you will get a large % of thumbs downs and very low page rpm.

It's best to target the audience you want so a 5c ad will get better countries which in turn are more likely to subscribe and keeps your page rpm up.

Going for the more higher paid countries would take 10c - 12c ads, norway, saudi arabia, dubai etc might sound expensive but if they sub and watch your video's you will notice a much higher page rpm, works both ways, advertise to high end countries gets you high end views.

I would much rather 10 subs from norway then 1,000 subs from vietnam or india.
useless or not it is all will depend on content. If you do not do much talking in the video it become international and any country in the world will understand your message. In my opinion subscribers could be worthless and it is why you need to pick up new people all the time. Plus, some people here trying to brake 10K views to get to monetization.

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you did not connect your youtube channel to your old adwords account you can just open new account and use it for youtube
Thanks for the tip! Opened account through my wife Google account. The only problem is there is nothing at all about this $100 coupon - neither after everything was set up nor in the email she received from Adwords.

Does it mean there is no such deal any more?

Email says:

Hello from Google,

Congratulations! You've successfully signed up for AdWords! Your customer ID is: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Now it's time to activate your account so you can start reaching customers online:

1. Sign in to your account at URL
2. Click the Create your first campaign button. Campaign setup takes just a few minutes and include four simple steps:
- Choose your budget
- Create your ads
- Select keywords that match your ad to potential customers
- Enter your billing information

Once you complete these steps, your account will be activated. If you need any help setting up your campaign, just call us at 1800 988 571. For a list of numbers in other countries: URL

Ready to get started? Check out our resources for new advertisers: URL

Our step-by-step guide will help you learn about:
- Accessing your account
- Creating a campaign
- How billing works
- How to find your first ad

We're delighted to welcome you to Google AdWords.

See you online,
The Google AdWords Team

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
RTT,
Have you tried searching for "$100 Coupon Adwords" in google search? My first result takes me to page where you can receive a coupon code though email and apply to your new account.

If you've tried this already or if this is a different promotion then I apologize in advance. My advice would then be to contact Google Adwords support. I'm sure they are happy to help future clients.

-TLT
Hi TinyLessonTime, thanks so much, got the deal!

Reaction score
Thanks for this post! I have always used AdEords but I have never selected the places! I only did it through tags like sports and fitness for my purpose. My next promo, i would try the targeting ! Thank you again!

Reactions: Gamayun

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for this post! I have always used AdEords but I have never selected the places! I only did it through tags like sports and fitness for my purpose. My next promo, i would try the targeting ! Thank you again!
You are welcome.

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You are welcome.
Hi, Gamayun - I have a question for you but it doesn't look like i can send you a message.

I'm on my 3rd try (channel) with Youtube.
With my last channel, I used adwords (set to 0.01 all countries) to get me past 10K in 2 months. I ended up with 75 subs and realized none of them were watching my content. After 12K, I stopped adwords as I realized only a few people were watching my content when I stopped advertising.. Even after setting my locations to (US, UK and Canada).

Do you use adwords for every video? Were you able to grow your channel and get real subs with it? I'm hesitant to use it on my new channel, I've been told AdWords might delay the growth of a channel. Because the video views aren't 'organic'.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi, Gamayun - I have a question for you but it doesn't look like i can send you a message.

I'm on my 3rd try (channel) with Youtube.
With my last channel, I used adwords (set to 0.01 all countries) to get me past 10K in 2 months. I ended up with 75 subs and realized none of them were watching my content. After 12K, I stopped adwords as I realized only a few people were watching my content when I stopped advertising.. Even after setting my locations to (US, UK and Canada).

Do you use adwords for every video? Were you able to grow your channel and get real subs with it? I'm hesitant to use it on my new channel, I've been told AdWords might delay the growth of a channel. Because the video views aren't 'organic'.
On my main channel I do not use Adwords for the last 4 month at all and just watching patterns of views. I also publish my content only onece a week. I published video with limited subject to get recommended by youtube in specific nitche . With my second channel I use adwords on every video for the past 3 month ( around 5 to 10 dollars per video for the first day on then 0.50 cents till my next video get released) On my second channel I publish one time a week also. Channel number three is dormant with new videos and it set 0.20 cents a day for the latest video I published to get fresh views and only serving in research of traffic flow for the small channel.I probably will stop Adword on it soon.
I got lucky in 2016 few times by getting recommended by Youtube Al and it helped me to grow.Now days it is almost impossible to grow your channel without paying for it out of your nose/. Personally I am in the waiting mode of survival . It is no need to bust your butt right now to get more subs( subs are irrelevant- only views matter). Concentrate to build more views per video and rising you watch time that way. It make data of your channel looks like it is have potencial and Al could start helping you naturally. Adwords is good only when you starting unless you have unlimited $$$ to spend . with 70k in subs it will be hard for me to pay my way up but 5K in sub count is possible to push up a little bit. Good luck!

Reactions: Babygames