Setting up to launch a adword campaign - and consulting?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do a mix of newest video and the first episode in my main playlist. I figure if they like that first video, they might keep going and watch more episodes. Our videos don't follow any trends (yet!) so we don't have to worry about a video's content being outdated. YouTube, on the other hand, doesn't like old videos, which is unfortunate given the content we produce. Nevertheless, I will persist with my strategy for the time being and enjoy creating our toddler talk show videos.
Do you know if you add channels for placement, will it only do those channels when it can? I added channels today, but I have only had 200 views, were when I didn't add channels to be placed with, my budget is gone within an hour...

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I had the same worry about the kids getting too many toys. Initially when I started I was just using the toys we had, we had quite a few. Then I started buying toys that I know the kids can use but I can use on videos. I usually hide the new toys and then when I am done I bring it up to them and I also cycle toys so they don't get bored. But as I was planning for future videos this was one of my worries that the kids will be getting too many toys and I didn't want them to think it was normal to get a set of new toys every week. Now that I am going to focus on certain keywords that is going to be less of a problem but I still worry about that. Everytime we get an amazon box the boys get so excited.[DOUBLEPOST=1501118785,1501118639][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also another indication that you have organic views are comments that don't make any sense. When you see videos with lots of views you see comments that are all symbols or jumbled up letters, that when you know the kids have been leaning on the screen and "commenting" by mistake. LOL. We still are not there yet, I don't think we have any organic views. We'll get there, hopefully![DOUBLEPOST=1501118855][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes! To both of these. My son is already an only child, and an only grandchild (on one side). So, he already gets plenty of toys. Especially from Grandma. I feel much better since I've decided to focus on the keyword of playground, and things related to that. It's free, and it's outdoors!

We also don't have any organic views yet. At least not that I'm aware of. We did just start back up, though. So, I keep trying to remind myself to be patient. :)

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you know if you add channels for placement, will it only do those channels when it can? I added channels today, but I have only had 200 views, were when I didn't add channels to be placed with, my budget is gone within an hour...
It will only do those channels yes but I'm not sure how YouTube determines frequency (other than setting your campaign up to be standard or accelerated). You only have 200 views because adding channels limits your reach. By not specifying channels, your expanding your reach and sky's limit.

I think the goal is to find a targeted campaign that gets you great earned views and retention in a high CPM market without having to pay more than $0.01/click. It's the elusive search for the holy grail.

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes! To both of these. My son is already an only child, and an only grandchild (on one side). So, he already gets plenty of toys. Especially from Grandma. I feel much better since I've decided to focus on the keyword of playground, and things related to that. It's free, and it's outdoors!.
It's very hard not to buy a zillion toys... spoiling Jack is my number one immediate parenting concern with doing Youtube, besides the obvious safety concerns. Fortunately, he seems to only gravitate to a few of the different toys that we get. We're trying to encourage everyone in our family (and ourselves) to share great experiences rather than material gifts for holidays, etc., to try to offset the barrage of toys!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It will only do those channels yes but I'm not sure how YouTube determines frequency (other than setting your campaign up to be standard or accelerated). You only have 200 views because adding channels limits your reach. By not specifying channels, your expanding your reach and sky's limit.

I think the goal is to find a targeted campaign that gets you great earned views and retention in a high CPM market without having to pay more than $0.01/click. It's the elusive search for the holy grail.
As soon as I posted that they kicked in.. Im thinking targeting channels that I want to/are shadowing will help.. it seems to be helping with my retention rate to.. I'm targeting large channels and it seems to be doing really well. I will reevaluate in a few days and see for sure :)

Reactions: Kesler's Dad

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes, other people's ads outbid me for this slots for targeted placements. You need to understand that youtube would not place you on this popular channels slots for free unless your videos doing very good/

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes, that price looks ridiculously high, but it will be dedicated to your niche. Socialblade's Premium YouTube Consultation is 198$ for 60 minutes, but they will offer you non niche specific advice, which can be applied to any channel.
AdWords has direct phone and you can call them for consultation.
I agree with you. It is expensive. For now, I was going back and forth on it but I'm going to wait for now because I feel like I am getting a lot of information from this forum. I might try some things out for a while and then maybe I'll try the consult. But for now, I'm going to try keep going with some of suggestions from this thread.

Reactions: Marcello Riviera
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone,

This forum has been so eye opening in learning how strategic building a youtube channel is. I really did think you just upload and wait...In many ways, I am relieved that there is a strategy to it all.

After reading some of the posts, I am thinking that I need to start a campaign to get ahead in the saturated toy channel market. I'll continue to try to improve on SEO but it is clear to me that I cannot compete. I am also thinking my channel needs to be more focused so I plan to make more videos that are specific and create a playlist(s). After looking around, I think I am going to focus on "parking garage toys" because we have all the toys and lots of vehicles that can be grouped together into other other keywords, like "emergency vehicles", "construction vehicles". After I create a handful of these similar themed videos I am thinking of launching a campaign. Does this seem like a reasonable approach or are these keywords still too competitive for me to target? I got tube buddy and tonight I am going to play around with vidIQ to see if I can find better keywords. I'm also considering starting instagram or facebook, but I don't know that this is important for toy channels geared for younger children.

In the meantime, one of the leading toy channels has started to offer consulting.The price is kind of steep ($150 for 15 minutes - or maybe this is standard) but I can easily spend that much purchasing new toys.

Thank you for reading this through, I appreciate any feedback!
I would say all that you mentioned is important but understanding your audience and market is even more important?. You should have a look at what YT viewers are more likely to watch and which categories/genres are getting the highest views and tailor your video around that.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: KTP

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would say all that you mentioned is important but understanding your audience and market is even more important?. You should have a look at what YT viewers are more likely to watch and which categories/genres are getting the highest views and tailor your video around that.

What do you guys think?
I am working on my understanding my audience and market for few month now and did not progress in this field much yet. My old videos working for me great and making most of my income. New videos on another hand do not go far at all .I think it is because more people willing to pay for add right now and no free slots in recommended.

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

What do you guys think?
How do you do research what your target audience is watching? right now I don't think I have any real viewers if that makes sense. It's all subs for subs and a handful of people who are supporting us in a similar stage in the YouTube development.

I would love to know what drives my target audience, I suspect the kids or their parents just choose what comes up in suggested or videos that land on top of their searches (by parents)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk[DOUBLEPOST=1502256872,1502214345][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, other people's ads outbid me for this slots for targeted placements. You need to understand that youtube would not place you on this popular channels slots for free unless your videos doing very good/
This is good to know. I'm still building before putting ads, but now I am thinking I should not target the popular videos...

Reactions: Gamayun