Setting up a blog

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Many fellow forum members are having less than 1000 subscribers and/or less than 4000 hours watch time on their channels, meaning that by the new YouTube Partner Program (YPP) requirements, they will be automatically kicked out of the program on 20th of February 2018. While it is frustrating to know that the nice side feature of creating with receiving something in return with real money, on YouTube will no longer be available, first thing to do is DON'T PANIC. Don't go for sub4sub services, ask for subscribers random strangers, walk around on a crowded square holding a banner with your channel name, begging for help or similar desperate measures. Even if you don't reach the payment thresholds don't delete your YouTube and AdSense accounts in a protest or frustration.

Welcome to pre-2012 YouTube, where only selected few channels had access to the YouTube's Partner Program. The rest were uploading videos mostly for the fun of it, but some of creators were still able to monetize their videos with earnings going to their AdSense accounts. Here are several methods:

The easiest and fastest, yet still free and which still stays inside your Google Account method is to create a blog on blogger.com (or blogspot.com). It takes only a few minutes to set up everything and once done you can write articles and embed your videos on them. Setting the monetizaton of the blog is as easy as setting the monetization of YouTube account (still inside Google) and you will start earning as soon as people start visiting your blog. As a nice side features, your videos are still on YouTube and every view and subscriber gained from the blog will go towards reaching the new YPP thresholds, which makes it a win-win situation for you. If you don't know what to write as blogger articles, just copy a paste your video description. Put links to your blog on your YouTube channel and put link to your YouTube channel (or subscribe box) on your blog, so people will know it's the same entity.

Another still free method to monetize your videos is to embed them on another free blog platform like wordpress.com - there is free lifetime membership option, it is just slightly harder to set up, maintain and embed your videos and set-up the monetization, since it's not inside your Google account anymore, but it's still not hard either.

You hate blogs? No problem. There are many free hosting websites like 000webhost.com (first thing that popped in Google). Create a website there and embed your videos and set monetization for the site. While this is hard to do and set-up (you will need some HTML knowledge), you still will be able to monetize your videos.

Once you start getting visitors and views to your video pages (hosted outside YouTube) you will start getting ad impressions, meaning that you will get closer and closer to your payment threshold and to the requirements to get back to YPP.

Feel free to provide your feedback or corrections regarding the topic.

Disclaimer: I am in a no way affiliated with any of the services and websites written above. I just want to help the disappointed by YouTube people and tell them that being kicked out of YPP is not the end of their YouTube journey.

Grapegirl

Reaction score
Many fellow forum members are having less than 1000 subscribers and/or less than 4000 hours watch time on their channels, meaning that by the new YouTube Partner Program (YPP) requirements, they will be automatically kicked out of the program on 20th of February 2018. While it is frustrating to know that the nice side feature of creating with receiving something in return with real money, on YouTube will no longer be available, first thing to do is DON'T PANIC. Don't go for sub4sub services, ask for subscribers random strangers, walk around on a crowded square holding a banner with your channel name, begging for help or similar desperate measures. Even if you don't reach the payment thresholds don't delete your YouTube and AdSense accounts in a protest or frustration.

Welcome to pre-2012 YouTube, where only selected few channels had access to the YouTube's Partner Program. The rest were uploading videos mostly for the fun of it, but some of creators were still able to monetize their videos with earnings going to their AdSense accounts. Here are several methods:

The easiest and fastest, yet still free and which still stays inside your Google Account method is to create a blog on blogger.com (or blogspot.com). It takes only a few minutes to set up everything and once done you can write articles and embed your videos on them. Setting the monetizaton of the blog is as easy as setting the monetization of YouTube account (still inside Google) and you will start earning as soon as people start visiting your blog. As a nice side features, your videos are still on YouTube and every view and subscriber gained from the blog will go towards reaching the new YPP thresholds, which makes it a win-win situation for you. If you don't know what to write as blogger articles, just copy a paste your video description. Put links to your blog on your YouTube channel and put link to your YouTube channel (or subscribe box) on your blog, so people will know it's the same entity.

Another still free method to monetize your videos is to embed them on another free blog platform like wordpress.com - there is free lifetime membership option, it is just slightly harder to set up, maintain and embed your videos and set-up the monetization, since it's not inside your Google account anymore, but it's still not hard either.

You hate blogs? No problem. There are many free hosting websites like 000webhost.com (first thing that popped in Google). Create a website there and embed your videos and set monetization for the site. While this is hard to do and set-up (you will need some HTML knowledge), you still will be able to monetize your videos.

Once you start getting visitors and views to your video pages (hosted outside YouTube) you will start getting ad impressions, meaning that you will get closer and closer to your payment threshold and to the requirements to get back to YPP.

Feel free to provide your feedback or corrections regarding the topic.

Disclaimer: I am in a no way affiliated with any of the services and websites written above. I just want to help the disappointed by YouTube people and tell them that being kicked out of YPP is not the end of their YouTube journey.
How do you make a blog on blog spot for example but hook it up with your google/YouTube username?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you make a blog on blog spot for example but hook it up with your google/YouTube username?
You just name your blog after your YouTube channel name and make links from your blog to your channel and from your channel to your blog. When in blogger.com click on the left under the blogger logo - New blog... then choose name, select address (your channel name will be most appropriate) then select theme. After making some posts (to get used to it), you can customize it more, for example add YouTube gadgets, YouTube subscription button on the blog, comments forms etc. Since you already have AdSense account, you can monetize the blog with ads (directly from blogger selecting templates, or creating your own formats).

Reactions: Grapegirl

Grapegirl

Reaction score
You just name your blog after your YouTube channel name and make links from your blog to your channel and from your channel to your blog. When in blogger.com click on the left under the blogger logo - New blog... then choose name, select address (your channel name will be most appropriate) then select theme. After making some posts (to get used to it), you can customize it more, for example add YouTube gadgets, YouTube subscription button on the blog, comments forms etc. Since you already have AdSense account, you can monetize the blog with ads (directly from blogger selecting templates, or creating your own formats).
Cool, thanks for this info [emoji1316]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
You can only do this if your website receive lots of traffics.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can only do this if your website receive lots of traffics.
No true. I had one blog that I forgot about and it was just the title page. It almost didn't receive any traffic in the past 5 years, yet it still stays monetized. There are no minimum traffic requirements for AdSense (just like it used to be for YouTube monetization, 1 year ago).

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do have a blog (on my website, which i´m not going to write in, since that would be a promotion, which I know isn´t allowed, right @Crown?). I started it at the same time as my channel.
I did write a swedish blog, which made me start my youtube channel, and then switched to my website!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do have a blog (on my website, which i´m not going to write in, since that would be a promotion, which I know isn´t allowed, right @Crown?). I started it at the same time as my channel.
I did write a swedish blog, which made me start my youtube channel, and then switched to my website!
So you know how easy is to embed videos on your blog? For me the blog/website gives you more freedom than YouTube video pages. For example you can complement the videos with graphics, more detailed descriptions, add several videos on one article and even add interactive parts.

Personally, I have my own website and domain since 2008 (I paid for 10 years back then - have to renew it for another 10 years soon), but even before that I had hosted website on various domains since 2001. My first YouTube video upload was in 2009 that I embedded into my website and saw overwhelming results (for the time) that kept me more involved in the video making.

Reactions: videoeditgr

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So you know how easy is to embed videos on your blog? For me the blog/website gives you more freedom than YouTube video pages. For example you can complement the videos with graphics, more detailed descriptions, add several videos on one article and even add interactive parts.

Personally, I have my own website and domain since 2008 (I paid for 10 years back then - have to renew it for another 10 years soon), but even before that I had hosted website on various domains since 2001. My first YouTube video upload was in 2009 that I embedded into my website and saw overwhelming results (for the time) that kept me more involved in the video making.
Yeah, Whenever I write a blog post, I will embed a video about almost the same topic, just to give people some options, like either read what I write or listen to me speak about it! Just kidding! I do also embed videos around the website as well!

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It takes just a little more time to also add categories and tagging to posts, even identical with video ones but seems to double chances in search results :)

Monetizing and paypal sell options are not included in free wordpress plan (maybe any more?) just updating.