Setting "bad" videos to "private" before applying for monetization

ACP_777

Reaction score
Hi,
I own a channel with 27k subs and my request for monetization has been recently declined. I have about 50 videos on my channel of which 45 are 100% my own material and the remaining 5 I believe are the videos causing the problem but I am not 100% certain. I was wondering if I set those to "private" and re-apply for monetization could they still interfere, or will they be ignore when YouTube review the channel. I prefer not to remove them completely as they have a decent number of views and as of today I am not even 100% sure those are the ones causing the issue.
Alternatively, would you know if there is a way to know for sure which videos cause for the monetization not to be approved? Thank you.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
As the channel review teams can see all videos on your channel, setting videos you think would endanger your success to Private won't work; they must be deleted instead. One of the only ways to know for sure would be to ask yourself the following question.

Did I create everything in my videos from scratch myself?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Judging by 99% of the posts here with similar situations as yours, those five videos are the problem.

Reactions: ACP_777