SEO

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Just reposting because I think this could help other people that didn't see the thread. It starts now:

Look young padowan, think about everything you know about SEO and then forget it, throw it out. SEO like what you're thinking is for the big boys, people with hundreds of thousands of sub or more that can just put in a tag like "games" and be ranked in the top ten- NO! "That's not you, you're better than that and that ain't you!"

Being a small channel which I assume you are and likewise, I am, we have to get creative with how we tag, and even how make and focus our video content. What you put in your keywords LITERALLY, LITERALLY, LITERALLY, needs to be what someone would type in the search box.

I know what you're thinking, but I make videos about games so my tag should be "games"- WRONG! You will be ranked SURE, but you will be rank 1,0000,000,0,0,00,0, and no one will ever know of you or that you exist. You have to be more specific and your videos must follow suit. Instead of making a video about Overwatch, make a video about how to win a game if you are down 0 to 50, or the best spots for sniping. When you make specific videos you are making them for a very few amount of people (1,000 - 1,000,000 [small in youtube terms]) who are looking for that very specific more likely to find your video because there is very little content that matches your video.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

NO COMPETITION MANG! YOU HAVE THIS PART OF YOUTUBE ON LOCKDOWN (If you SEO right and make it something with little competition). Which means every person looking for that specific thing will only have your video to go off, which means a lot of traffic for you, potential subscribers, money, riches, fame, glory and above all, you could be ranked for that search.

Not sure if this made sense to you but that's basically SEO. It's different for everyone based on your channel size, your audience and the subject of video you are making videos about. And even if you're SEO is as good as it can be you can still be met with a lot of competition, this is where hard work, consistency and keeping up with trends comes in to play. ONE DAY YOU WILL HIT THAT PERFECT NOTE AND ALL THE VIEWS WILL FUNNEL TO YOU. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of... well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day.

GOOD LUCK AND REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN!

That is solid advice. It's all about the "long tail" keywords these days. I'm also under the impression that the first tag you use in your videos have the greatest weight of your tags. So bear that in mind as well.

My first tag (in tag sections) is always my channel name. Not sure if that is good or bad, but I read somewhere that it is good to include your channel name in tags. Another thing very important that I found out before a couple of days is that comments, likes, shares MATTERS. So as more comments as you can get, the better your video will rank. Of course, tags are the most important things, but these above also contribute.

Back