SEO that works!

Jjisawesome25698

Reaction score
So I have tried literally every technique that I can find to get my videos seen. All that stuff about tags, descriptions & titles is just not working. Has anyone got anything helpful to tell me, an SEO strategy? I'm considering throwing in the towel. Thanks, J

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Here you go: this was just put up by Rand from Moz about a study done on SEO ranking factors in YouTube
http s:// moz.com/blog/youtube-seo (sorry I can't paste links)
All that stuff about tags, descriptions & titles is just not working.
There are many many factors other than those that go into the ranking; esp the engagement variables.

Jjisawesome25698

Reaction score
When I copied & pasted the link, it didn't work. Could you please try again?

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You have to delete the spaces, cause your not allowed to post links on this forum.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All that stuff about tags, descriptions & titles is just not working.
Of course it is working but you cant expect to rank high on keywords everyone is targeting. Some keywords are imposible to rank high on so you should try to target others. If you do that you will see that SEO works. So keep on working on your SEO keep on learning ad a good thumbnail on hope for a bit of luck:)

Reactions: videoeditgr

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I have tried literally every technique that I can find to get my videos seen. All that stuff about tags, descriptions & titles is just not working. Has anyone got anything helpful to tell me, an SEO strategy? I'm considering throwing in the towel. Thanks, J
Checked out your channel, and I have a few suggestions:

1. Maximize your tags. You only have a few, but you can have up to 500 characters. Make sure you have the game, popular terms in the game, platforms the game is on, and anything else relevant.

2. Include popular channels in your tags. For the video you're doing, do a YouTube search. Include the names of the top 3 or 4 channels in your video tag. This helps your video show up as a suggested video when people watch those other videos.

3. Your title and description need to have what people are searching for. For your KDR videos, I'd have something like "How to improve KDR" included in both the title and description as well as the game and a question that would interest people. "Want to get better? How to increase your KDR in Black Ops 4!" or something like this would work.

4. Be active in social media. Saw your Twitter, and it looks like you're not really active there. There is a HUGE presence for BO4 and Fortnite there. I'm sure there are plenty of forums and FB groups dedicated to these games. Contribute to their discussions and don't spam your videos. After a while, you can make replies that you covered that topic in a video. Get them to know you first as someone knowledgable and worth checking out.

5. Be active in social media. Yes, I said it again because it's that important. How is this relevant to SEO? The more views you have the higher you start getting placed in search results. Search "geforce giveaway" on YouTube. My video shows up as #2, only behind a video from Nvidia themselves, and beating out even all their other past videos. It doesn't have nearly the views as their videos, but places very high because I promoted the crap out of it on FB and Twitter.

Hope this helps.

Jjisawesome25698

Reaction score

1. Maximize your tags. You only have a few, but you can have up to 500 characters. Make sure you have the game, popular terms in the game, platforms the game is on, and anything else relevant.

2. Include popular channels in your tags. For the video you're doing, do a YouTube search. Include the names of the top 3 or 4 channels in your video tag. This helps your video show up as a suggested video when people watch those other videos.

3. Your title and description need to have what people are searching for. For your KDR videos, I'd have something like "How to improve KDR" included in both the title and description as well as the game and a question that would interest people. "Want to get better? How to increase your KDR in Black Ops 4!" or something like this would work.

4. Be active in social media. Saw your Twitter, and it looks like you're not really active there. There is a HUGE presence for BO4 and Fortnite there. I'm sure there are plenty of forums and FB groups dedicated to these games. Contribute to their discussions and don't spam your videos. After a while, you can make replies that you covered that topic in a video. Get them to know you first as someone knowledgable and worth checking out.

5. Be active in social media. Yes, I said it again because it's that important. How is this relevant to SEO? The more views you have the higher you start getting placed in search results. Search "geforce giveaway" on YouTube. My video shows up as #2, only behind a video from Nvidia themselves, and beating out even all their other past videos. It doesn't have nearly the views as their videos, but places very high because I promoted the crap out of it on FB and Twitter.

Hope this helps.
Omg thank you! I will try this & see what works! Thanks
J[DOUBLEPOST=1542534398,1542534376][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hope this helps.
Omg thank you! I will try this & see what works! Thanks
J

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My video shows up as #2, only behind a video from Nvidia themselves,
Ah... I used to reverse search and enjoy high ranking of self videos :) :p

Actually geforce giveaway for me gets you 16th or 17th if including nvidia channel as a suggestion. Yet this is a good first page result. My point is that searches are returning different results on different viewers.
:)

Reactions: OldManTenno

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ah... I used to reverse search and enjoy high ranking of self videos :) :p

Actually geforce giveaway for me gets you 16th or 17th if including nvidia channel as a suggestion. Yet this is a good first page result. My point is that searches are returning different results on different viewers.
:)
That is weird. I can open an incognito browser, not signed into YouTube, and it shows up #2. I wonder if there's a way to force a "true results" search. That could be really useful for a creator.