SEO Problem?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know the descriptions are generally lacking (because I don't go writing a book in the descriptions usually) but I just released the below video and thought I was doing okay SEO-wise, but it's got 1 view from the United Arab Emirates (which is fine and all, but it probably wasn't actually watched). Am I making some huge misstep here or something. It's a brand new game, so I thought some buzz would be around it and potentially get me at least 4 views, lol. The title starts with "Dipthroughs" for branding, but it can't really be hurting that much, can it? Do people just not care about Hellblade? Because they should. Care about Hellblade, plz. I know there's a lot of Youtubers, so maybe that's just it. This seems to be a recurring issue with me.

Also, I don't think my descriptions are that bad, but I could be doing this all wrong.

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you go into youtube search and start typing your tags:

You don't need the colon after Hellblade. Not sure if it's affecting anything, but it doesn't show up in search which means people aren't typing it when they look up hellblade stuff.

Better Tags:
Hellblade Senua's sacrifice is a great tag. Only 164,000 search results. So it's not too competitive. And TubeBuddy says it's highly searched.
Hellblade part 1 has 221,000 results, but TubeBuddy says it's not searched a ton.
Hellblade senua's sacrifice gameplay has 222,000 results, and TubeBuddy says it's searched pretty often.
hellblade senua's sacrifice pc gameplay has 140,000 search results and TubeBuddy says it's searched pretty often.
hellblade pc has 222,000 results and Tubebuddy says it's searched pretty often.
Hellblade playthrough has 209,000 results, but TubeBuddy says it's not searched a ton.

Bad Tags:
Hellblade senua's sacrifice part 1, hellblade senua's sacrifice intro, hellblade senua's sacrifice start, hellblade senua's sacrifice episode 1, hellblade episode 1, Hellblade senua's sacrifce playthrough, hellblade senua's sacrifice steam, hellblade steam.
None of these show up as an autocomplete term in YouTube search. Which means that no one is searching for them.

Tips:
Go to YouTube search. Type in Hellblade Senua's sacrifice, then a space. Then, go through the alphabet, and see what autocomplete comes up with.

For example: Hellblade senua's sacrifice "a" autocompletes to Hellblade senua's sacrifice actress.
OR
Hellblade senua's sacrifice "c" autocompletes to "combat" "combat gameplay" "cast" and "cheap".

Choose the ones that fit your video and also show up in autocomplete.

Also, I don't know what Dipthroughs is. Is it you? If it's not a tag related to the game, then leave it out. No offense, but no one is searching for you yet. That means it's really just wasting space in your title. Pick the best one or two tags, and make that your title. Then, work those tags into the first sentence of your description.
"King Dippy's playthrough of Hellblad Senua's Sacrifice." or "Awesome playthrough of Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice"
Then, work 5-10 other tags into your description.
"This is a Hellblade Senua's sacrifice gameplay. If you love Hellblade you'll love this Hellblade playthrough. Join me as I talk back to the voices in my head and rock the Hellblade PC version."

Also, GET TUBEBUDDY. It's free. And it's awesome.

Good luck :up2:

Reactions: daniel burgio

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks! I need to get more used to using tube buddy because it's kind of weird. I should use the YouTube search more as well. I assumed I was using tags that would come up for some reason. The alphabet thing is a great idea. Have to figure something out like what you were saying with the descriptions because I have my own style of writing that I need to work the tags into.

Also, where did you see these rankings? I'm looking all over and I kind of suck at looking for things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bennett's Playtime

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You're welcome!

Also, where did you see these rankings? I'm looking all over and I kind of suck at looking for things.
I actually never would have noticed these if I hadn't seen a video pointing them out, lol. If you're talking about the # of search results in youtube, then it's small print on the right, same row as the "filters" button. It says "about 00000000 results" I like to stick to tags with less than 1 million results.

When it comes to TubeBuddy. There's a little button in the "Tag Tools" box underneath all your tags that says "explore". You can type a tag into the field and it will tell you if it's searched often, and if there's a lot of competition, and it will assign a score from 1-100 based on how good it thinks the tag is. Or you can just click on a tag after you've entered it, and the same info will pop up.

I just started keeping spreadsheets of my tags so that I don't have to look them up every time. Obviously, my channel is different than yours :) but I have a playgrounds spreadsheet, a bubbles spreadsheet, a bounce house spreadsheet, etc. I note the keyword or phrase, how many search results, TubeBuddy's ranking number, searched (high or low), and competition (high or low). Then, I can go through and pick the tags with high search volume and low competition. A little nerdy I know. But I think it will save time in the long run :)

Reactions: daniel burgio

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
You're welcome!

I actually never would have noticed these if I hadn't seen a video pointing them out, lol. If you're talking about the # of search results in youtube, then it's small print on the right, same row as the "filters" button. It says "about 00000000 results" I like to stick to tags with less than 1 million results.

When it comes to TubeBuddy. There's a little button in the "Tag Tools" box underneath all your tags that says "explore". You can type a tag into the field and it will tell you if it's searched often, and if there's a lot of competition, and it will assign a score from 1-100 based on how good it thinks the tag is. Or you can just click on a tag after you've entered it, and the same info will pop up.

I just started keeping spreadsheets of my tags so that I don't have to look them up every time. Obviously, my channel is different than yours :) but I have a playgrounds spreadsheet, a bubbles spreadsheet, a bounce house spreadsheet, etc. I note the keyword or phrase, how many search results, TubeBuddy's ranking number, searched (high or low), and competition (high or low). Then, I can go through and pick the tags with high search volume and low competition. A little nerdy I know. But I think it will save time in the long run :)
This is great advice! I need to follow your example too :)

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're welcome!

Nice lol. Thanks again![DOUBLEPOST=1502695979,1502617611][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I really suck because I still can't find this filters/number of searches thing you speak of. WHAT DEMON MAGIC IS THIS.

Reactions: Bennett's Playtime

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Lol, it's okay.
hellblade screen shot.png
Search term, and # of results underlined in red. I'm not sure if you can read them, but that's where it's located.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lol, it's okay.
View attachment 40893
Search term, and # of results underlined in red. I'm not sure if you can read them, but that's where it's located.
ohhhhhhh. You meant there. Ok. Thank you! I also saw a video (while looking this up) and learned to use tags that are high in traffic, but low in competition overall. Sorta helped lol. Sorta.

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You're welcome! And good luck :) There's lots of good resources out there. I really like Brian G Johnson, Video Creators, and Roberto Blake. Brian G has some good stuff on tags.