SEO/Page Rank Results and Stories - TubeBuddy Success Stories?

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, many of you know I've been a long proponent of TubeBuddy and even helped with some tutorials on this site, as well as made a few videos for their channel, but I wanted to see what you all had for success with the app! This wasn't sponsored by @Phil @ TubeBuddy and I wasn't asked to make this thread, I'm just curious!

I'll kick it off with some recent results I've had with ranking my videos using mostly tag explorer assistance, this was done on a PC at work I've never logged into gmail with and I've never used to look at my channel or youtube, so any search history is void. Additionally, used incognito mode to be even more safe about that. Finally, your results may look different if you have ever searched for specific stuff, but this is proof below from a non-biased search history of a brand new computer that was just wiped, with new IP, etc (I work for HP, so I know my stuff, haha).

Search Term/Keyword: "Slime Rancher Review"
Google Rank: Page 1, Rank 4
YouTube Rank: Page 1, Rank 4
Comment regarding Google Rank: Outranked the actual game's site, haha
Proof:

Search Term/Keyword:
"Ultimate Chicken Horse Review"
Google Rank: Page 1, Rank 8
YouTube Rank: Page 1, Rank 5
Comment regarding Google Rank: Beat some specific links for gamespot/indiedb for the game!
Proof:

Search Term/Keyword:
"Rocket League Indie Game Review"
Google Rank: Page 1, Rank 3
YouTube Rank: Page 1, Rank 1
Comment regarding Google Rank: Beat everything, to include PC Gamer, except the games store steam page itself
Proof:

Search Term/Keyword:
"Action Henk Review"
Google Rank: Page 1, Rank 7
YouTube Rank: Page 1, Rank 14
Comment regarding Google Rank: Beat out by the game's site, steam, gamespot, metacritic, and like one other review site/video. Not bad!
Proof:

Search Term/Keyword:
"Speedrunners indie game review"
Google Rank: Page 1, Rank 3
YouTube Rank: Page 1, Rank 1
Comment regarding Google Rank: Beat out by the game's steam page only, as well as one other review that is 2 years older than mine.
Proof:

These were all form Google.com, but YouTube results were similar as well of course (just didn't show screenshots to save length of post). I personally think ranking a video on Google is even more proof of concept and that you are being found rather than just YouTube search ranking. Also, about 75% of my traffic is from YouTube search and all my most popular videos are 75-80% from YouTube search.

Last edited:
Reactions: TastyGamers

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
Hey my dad works for HP as well! Haha

The thing I love about TubeBuddy is the thumbnail generator. Now I'm able to make my vlog channel's thumbnails without spending an unjustifiable amount of time in photoshop.

I haven't taken full advantage of TB's other features yet though. How has your experience been with tagging videos? I read somewhere on here that in terms of ranking, the title and first line of the description are key. I still tag my videos, but I pay less attention now.

Reactions: WeiseGamer

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey my dad works for HP as well! Haha

The thing I love about TubeBuddy is the thumbnail generator. Now I'm able to make my vlog channel's thumbnails without spending an unjustifiable amount of time in photoshop.

I haven't taken full advantage of TB's other features yet though. How has your experience been with tagging videos? I read somewhere on here that in terms of ranking, the title and first line of the description are key. I still tag my videos, but I pay less attention now.
The thumbnail generator is awesome!

As for tags and such, all my keyword research and tagging to include title work is from the tag explorer (well, and a little research outside of that tool). You can see how well it's worked for my search results above in my post (hit the spoiler tags).[DOUBLEPOST=1452724816,1452712068][/DOUBLEPOST]I have to say I'm a little surprised more people aren't replying either saying they had good results, sharing page ranks, or asking more about it, haha