SEO for your YouTube videos

InfamousSlayer

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Always saw this kind of stuff around on the net and other forums, never really knew what it meant and what it was always looked confusing to me.... Now I get it and its thank to you! Take a cookie...

You going to be making your own service soon im guessing?

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You going to be making your own service soon im guessing?
SEO service? I'd be more than happy to do it now, but generally, most YouTube'ers can't pay for it. In my latest case study (which, so far, is yielding even better results than the image in the original post), I've spent around 4 hours of work so far, and I'll probably spend about 1 hour more. Even if I removed all my off-page SEO (meaning stuff that you DON'T do ON the video, for instance building links TO the video on OTHER sites), it would still take me 1½ hours to do a proper job ON the video. I would insist on at least 25$ an hour (minimum wage in Denmark is around 15$, and I'd get 19$ just working the cash register in a super market). That means at least 37$ for a video. Even if a bulk-deal were made, it's just not economically feasible for me to go below 30$ per video. That's not even taking into account the literal promotion to gain a boost in views (which is a massive help if the video has very few views), which would be at least another 10$ per video.

So while I'm most certainly "available" for SEO services, it's not really feasible for the vast majority. Even more so, because SEO results can never be guaranteed (no one, anywhere, can give you a 100% guaranteed way of reaching a specific search rank. Far too many factors, that we simply have no control over, or don't even know about, play into it).
Then there's the issue that to make this work, you will need to CHANGE your videos. As I stated in the original post, Title, Description, and Tags are some of the biggest changes that will have to be made, and many YouTube'ers just won't be OK with me coming in and telling them to change those things.

You can find fairly cheap "YouTube SEO services" online, but they'll use bot-views and fake comments, won't yield nearly as good (or long-term) results, and can get your AdSense banned or videos removed.

With that said, I have a product planned to TEACH people how to do this THEMSELVES, including all my case studies and reviews of different services I incorporate.

Reactions: SureshKumar

SureshKumar

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would really appreciate some help on putting together SEO material. Despite having 6k subscribers and 25k views a day, my new videos usually only convert to 100-200 views a day and maybe 500 within the first week.
I can help you out :) Hit me on twitter.

SureshKumar

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SEO service? I'd be more than happy to do it now, but generally, most YouTube'ers can't pay for it. In my latest case study (which, so far, is yielding even better results than the image in the original post), I've spent around 4 hours of work so far, and I'll probably spend about 1 hour more. Even if I removed all my off-page SEO (meaning stuff that you DON'T do ON the video, for instance building links TO the video on OTHER sites), it would still take me 1½ hours to do a proper job ON the video. I would insist on at least 25$ an hour (minimum wage in Denmark is around 15$, and I'd get 19$ just working the cash register in a super market). That means at least 37$ for a video. Even if a bulk-deal were made, it's just not economically feasible for me to go below 30$ per video. That's not even taking into account the literal promotion to gain a boost in views (which is a massive help if the video has very few views), which would be at least another 10$ per video.

So while I'm most certainly "available" for SEO services, it's not really feasible for the vast majority. Even more so, because SEO results can never be guaranteed (no one, anywhere, can give you a 100% guaranteed way of reaching a specific search rank. Far too many factors, that we simply have no control over, or don't even know about, play into it).
Then there's the issue that to make this work, you will need to CHANGE your videos. As I stated in the original post, Title, Description, and Tags are some of the biggest changes that will have to be made, and many YouTube'ers just won't be OK with me coming in and telling them to change those things.

You can find fairly cheap "YouTube SEO services" online, but they'll use bot-views and fake comments, won't yield nearly as good (or long-term) results, and can get your AdSense banned or videos removed.

With that said, I have a product planned to TEACH people how to do this THEMSELVES, including all my case studies and reviews of different services I incorporate.
I do SEO for my videos they are ranking on first page of google, youtube and not got banned, from adsense at all. Daily getting around 150 views with only 13 videos.

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do SEO for my videos they are ranking on first page of google, youtube and not got banned, from adsense at all. Daily getting around 150 views with only 13 videos.
150 views a day isn't all that much. I mean, of course, it's great compared to people getting zero views, and it shows you're doing something right, but you can push it much much further. In comparison, I've topped at around 2500 views a day with roughly 20 videos, and have several videos getting 150 views a day each.
I had a quick look at your videos, and let me tell you, you can do oh so much more. If you feel like spending more time on it, I suggest going to reelseo .com and going through all his posts and videos, and you might get an idea of what else you can optimize.

Frankly, any SEO you can do in less than an hour or two, isn't putting nearly all the effort into it that you can.

And a quick note for future reference:
When you say "first page of google and youtube", keep in mind that both are country specific, so others might not get the same results as you. If people (or you) have personalization enabled, even less a chance they'll see the same thing as you.
Not saying it's not great for you, it clearly shows you're doing something right, I'm just saying it's something to keep in mind for the future :)

SureshKumar

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
150 views a day isn't all that much. I mean, of course, it's great compared to people getting zero views, and it shows you're doing something right, but you can push it much much further. In comparison, I've topped at around 2500 views a day with roughly 20 videos, and have several videos getting 150 views a day each.
I had a quick look at your videos, and let me tell you, you can do oh so much more. If you feel like spending more time on it, I suggest going to reelseo .com and going through all his posts and videos, and you might get an idea of what else you can optimize.

Frankly, any SEO you can do in less than an hour or two, isn't putting nearly all the effort into it that you can.

And a quick note for future reference:
When you say "first page of google and youtube", keep in mind that both are country specific, so others might not get the same results as you. If people (or you) have personalization enabled, even less a chance they'll see the same thing as you.
Not saying it's not great for you, it clearly shows you're doing something right, I'm just saying it's something to keep in mind for the future :)
Yes you're correct. i can get this done but i am working on metric "Viewers into Subscribers " so in that case i need to work more on Video quality and post products. That's where i am working on these days :) Once i can get attainable quality then i can do both SEO .

Cheers mate

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm writing a little pre-emptive message, since several people have started writing me personal messages about SEO.

In short: if you expect me to spend my time consulting you, expect to pay me a consulting fee (just like you would any other professional). Please don't write me and ask for some "basic tips", when this thread IS me giving you some basic tips. Do you head to your local grocery store and ask for free food? Do you write Designer (which is actually my "day job") for "just a quick free Design"? Or perhaps an example close to everyones heart: do you write other YouTube'ers, and casually ask them to help promote your channel, for nothing in return?

At least spend some time on Google before writing me - it's rude to assume I'll spend my time giving you advice, when you can't be bothered spending your own time researching the topic a bit. Even more so, when I have clearly stated that I have a training product in works especially for this.

If you wish to know more about SEO, there's no lack of information on the subject. You could easily spend the next 5 hours reading through articles and forum discussions, simply by typing in "best practices for SEO" and such in Google. I have also already advised people to head over and check out ReelSEO. Again, it's rude to assume I should spend time on helping you, when you can't even be bothered to do it yourself.

I'm more than willing to discuss this subject with people that may have something to provide in return (be that information, money, advertising, or other services), but I'm not willing to basically give out free lectures (especially when I have already provided basic information to get you started, in this very thread).

I'm not trying to come off as rude. I'm happy to see people interested in the topic, and I'm happy that people seek me out for information. I'm happy that this thread has proven to be so useful, that many have started writing me about it. But with that said, with all the points I've mentioned until now, I'm not a free consultant. In fact, some people have gotten outright angry when I haven't provided more free information to them.

deesrojournal

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
can you give us links to advance reading on SEO? i'm pretty interested on it tbh.

Kevfactor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i do have to say a lot of my past videos the ones that i simply put the tags in the description worked out pretty well. recently im now putting tags in 3 tim es and i go to wiki for a description on a game. get few extra views so i guess it does help. will try to refine the process in time. :)