SEO and what is most important?

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so I'm kinda familiar with tags and descriptions and posting your video on social media. Now I'm seeing all this stuff about backlinks and white hat and black hat stuff and my head is spinning! What should we focus on the most in terms of SEO?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't think back links increasing SEO applies to youtube videos. I've even heard this is an old system, and that google now ranks sites more on watch time, similar to youtube.

Black hat SEO simply means ways to boost your SEO usually through gaming the system, like keyword stuffing, hidden link spamming and it's usually for short term gains.

White hat SEO focuses on techniques that target a human audience as opposed to a search engine. This can include creating content for humans and doing research on what is trending. It's meant for long term gains

Now in term's of Youtube's SEO, what really matters are titles, descriptions and tags. But on top of that, Closed Captions, translations on your descriptions for various languages, and titling your playlists correctly also add up. Doing research of keywords using the principles of Supply and Demand, knowing your niche, the current trends, knowing how big and relevant your channel is at competing will also play a big factor to your success.

But remember even if you had perfect SEO, this does not guarantee that your channel will grow. You need some sort of initial fire to boost your videos and get watch time, especially during the first 48 hours. Now where do you get this boost? There's your subscribers, random people finding your older videos and then checking out your latest, and there's external sources like promoting on social media and other websites.

What I'd like to know is that if your new video could appear in the front page of someone not subscribed to you if it has no watch time yet. I'm going to assume no.

Last edited:

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think back links increasing SEO applies to youtube videos. I've even heard this is an old system, and that google now ranks sites more on watch time, similar to youtube.

Black hat SEO simply means ways to boost your SEO usually through gaming the system, like keyword stuffing, hidden link spamming and it's usually for short term gains.

White hat SEO focuses on techniques that target a human audience as opposed to a search engine. This can include creating content for humans and doing research on what is trending. It's meant for longer term gains

Now in term's of Youtube's SEO, what really matters are titles, descriptions and tags. But on top of that, Closed Captions, translations on your descriptions for various languages, and titling your playlists correctly also add up. Doing research of keywords using the principles of Supply and Demand, knowing your niche, the current trends, knowing how big and relevant your channel is at competing will also play a big factor to your success.

But remember even if you had perfect SEO, this does not guarantee that your channel will grow. You need some sort of initial fire to boost your videos and get watch time, especially during the first 48 hours. Now where do you get this boost? There's your subscribers, random people finding your older videos and then checking out your latest, and there's external sources like promoting on social media and other websites.

What I'd like to know is that if your new video could appear in the front page of someone not subscribed to you if has no watch time yet. I'm going to assume no.
You just saved me so much time and headache! I really wish the new video could appear on the front page of someone elses page. I guess that's why they made the card to show your latest video on your outro? That's my guess
[and I just realized your bunny on your thumbnail had smiley faces coming out the top of it's head. Not brains XD]

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you guys do for SEO ?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't forget grey hat. Everyone is always forgetting the grey hat techniques.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

White hat SEO focuses on techniques that target a human audience as opposed to a search engine. This can include creating content for humans and doing research on what is trending. It's meant for long term gains

What I'd like to know is that if your new video could appear in the front page of someone not subscribed to you if it has no watch time yet. I'm going to assume no.
On your last point:
Every once in a blue moon Ive been served a sub 500 view video from someone I'm not subsribed too. It's always been for something super specific that I had previously searched. For example, Adobe After Effects Animation Tutorials. Again, this is a rarity but it has happened.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
On your last point:
Every once in a blue moon Ive been served a sub 500 view video from someone I'm not subsribed too. It's always been for something super specific that I had previously searched. For example, Adobe After Effects Animation Tutorials. Again, this is a rarity but it has happened.
This makes sense. But for a lot of small channels, 500 views might be difficult for them. So promoting or perhaps making a video on something that is trending seems to be the only hope for them.

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I learn about SEO from Roberto Blake great expert on this subject

Roy Thompson

Reaction score
don't be exhausted. I will guide you that how you can start learning seo.

First of all, you have to start with these question what is seo, how is it important for online business and how search engine works ?

then come to on-page and then move forward to off page techniques.