SEO Advice Needed

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I suppose there are 3 portions for SEO right?
1) Keywords on your channel
2) Title of Video
3) Keywords on your channel.
Anything I missed out? Where else can I tweak my channel's SEO?

I have a few other questions. Appreciate the help:
1) Should I just stick to 3-5 keywords for each video or keyword channel? Or more keywords would be more effective?

2) How best should I arrange the title of my videos? Any way to make it better?
Currently I am doing this:
"Keyword phrase" - Song Name [Music Genre]
Eg.
Free Royalty Free Music - My Heart Will Go On [Sad Music]

3) Descriptions
Do keywords matter within the description?

4) Currently my channel name is too generic that when people search it, it isn't coming up against the more popular videos. What do I do?

Reactions: Sk Jony

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I suppose there are 3 portions for SEO right?
1) Keywords on your channel
2) Title of Video
3) Keywords on your channel.
Anything I missed out? Where else can I tweak my channel's SEO?
Yes, yes, yes and subtitles.

I have a few other questions. Appreciate the help:
1) Should I just stick to 3-5 keywords for each video or keyword channel? Or more keywords would be more effective?

2) How best should I arrange the title of my videos? Any way to make it better?
Currently I am doing this:
"Keyword phrase" - Song Name [Music Genre]
Eg.
Free Royalty Free Music - My Heart Will Go On [Sad Music]

3) Descriptions

4) Currently my channel name is too generic that when people search it, it isn't coming up against the more popular videos. What do I do?
1) Don't know the exact number but yes for same keyword for each video + other tags for variety(for people to search for)
2) The best way is to put the important "keyword" near the front of title, descriptions and tags. Because the position does matter and the earlier they are the higher they are prioritized.
3) Yes, refer to above.
4) Can't do much. Your position might change when you accumulate good watchtime/views/subscribers for your whole channel. That's how mine got to the top of some generic keywords (I think) but never "wasabi" coz its dominated by the wasssabi production(don't remember the exact spelling).

That's my understanding of SEO, might not be true but from my understanding that's how it works.

Good luck. I feel like I'm answering an exam question lol.

Reactions: JayManOurMusicBox

webprofessionalz

Reaction score
Since YT is owned by google, they have somewhat similar search features. Generally, your description should have ~ 300 words and mention the specific keywords 3-4 times without spamming it IMO

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
3) Descriptions
Your keywords should be reinforced between title, tags, and description...But please note, you shouldn't just create a list of keywords in your description -- not only is that not effective, but it's against Youtube policies.

Rather, as discussed in another comment, descriptions should be like mini blogs -- sentences and paragraphs that discuss your video and that naturally incorporate keywords within the flow of the sentences.

Since your channel trailer introduces you as "Jay Man" (not OurMusicBox) and your username here is "JayManOurMusicBox", I'm wondering why you don't title your channel with all of that or with the "JayMan" part.

But for what it's worth, are you remembering to use your channel name as a tag? Are you including it in your description? Are you including it in your title? In your titles, for example, I would probably modify your format to:

Free Royalty Free Music - My Heart Will Go On [Sad Music] | Channel Name

For whatever it's worth, when I search for "OurMusicBox", I see your channel and your videos. Your problem is not with the search term "OurMusicBox," but the fact that a) Youtube autocorrects to "Our Music Box" which you don't appear in the results for, and b) why would someone who doesn't already know who you are search for your specific channel name?

One part of the problem is that the term that people WOULD be searching for, "Free background music for videos" for example...is being totally owned by people who have consistency between channel name and title. If I search "free background music for videos," Youtube's top priority is looking through channel names which have this in them...and it just so turns out that yes, there are some channels with the words "Free background music" in the name of the channel AND in the title of the video, so Youtube boosts those videos. This is a fairly creative trick, but of course, I don't actually know who those other people are, so the downside is I don't really see their personal brand.

Reactions: JayManOurMusicBox