SELF PROMOTION ONLINE - HOW TO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animazing

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I think the patience is so important. I do all the self promos on the social media sites and comment (even though I could do that a little more) but it still takes so long. I keep having to force myself to be patient and not get frustrated...

Razer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great advice, I agree with point it should be all about enjoyment and the more you enjoy it the more rewarding it is when you finally hit your subscriber count goal whether it be 100 or 10,000. Some great ideas with promotion as well, I've never really used facebook to get my videos out there.

Reactions: RYANOWALLS

kaceyteresa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some great advice thank you. It has been three months now and we have 22 subs. We may just try some of these tips.
-K

Reactions: RYANOWALLS

Boredom Killers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I plan to make small business cards or something cheap to make to hand out to people I meet everyday. Including a facebook page is also a good idea, might bring in people who don't usually watch youtube that often.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I plan to make small business cards or something cheap to make to hand out to people I meet everyday. Including a facebook page is also a good idea, might bring in people who don't usually watch youtube that often.
I highly doubt that will work unless your channel is about some kind of product you want to show them in action. Just picture yourself not being a YouTuber and somebody handing you a business card with a YouTube channel on it... What would you think? I would honestly throw it away in the very next garbage can I passed. Honestly the best way to self promote is to not come off as a spammer and have a link right in front of somebody to click. I don't think many people will have the attention span or interest to hold on to a business card until they get to a computer, then go and manually type in the URL or channel name. Just picture me walking up to you and handing you a business card saying I have cute dog videos... What would you do?

Boredom Killers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I highly doubt that will work unless your channel is about some kind of product you want to show them in action. Just picture yourself not being a YouTuber and somebody handing you a business card with a YouTube channel on it... What would you think? I would honestly throw it away in the very next garbage can I passed. Honestly the best way to self promote is to not come off as a spammer and have a link right in front of somebody to click. I don't think many people will have the attention span or interest to hold on to a business card until they get to a computer, then go and manually type in the URL or channel name. Just picture me walking up to you and handing you a business card saying I have cute dog videos... What would you do?
the sam I grant you, but I'm meeting drunk people in a pub half o the time, if they are up for a laugh, check this out kind of thing. Might make a nice hangover present, you never now.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
the sam I grant you, but I'm meeting drunk people in a pub half o the time, if they are up for a laugh, check this out kind of thing. Might make a nice hangover present, you never now.
I think it would be more effective to bust out your phone and show them a video. If they are interested they will ask where to find more. I have had quite a few people from my dog park subscribe or at least go through and watch my dog videos. What I'll do is have them search for my channel on their own phone, that was it's in their watch history. My 666th sub was a girl from the dog park, she is always around my girlfriend when she gets hurt by dogs... Coincidence??? I told her about the 666 thing and she thought it was funny.

Reactions: Todd Talks

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm glad to see that I'm not crazy and I'm doing everything I should be promotion wise XD I've been feeling a bit down about having 30 subscribers in 9 months lately, but my numbers have been going up recently and I do enjoy making my content so I guess I'll stop worrying about it. I also haven't been doing everything I could to promote my stuff, and am going to change that this year -flexes-

I've tried asking non youtube people this and they're always like "Psssh no it's just going to be useless for you" but does tumblr really work for promoting? Because I've gone back and forth about creating a tumblr to promote my videos, but have had people advise against it. So I'd really like to know if anyone has found it useful in their self-promotion efforts.

Starseed Beats

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks for all this tips man ! Is very helful I guess, I'll test that now

Wadj0s

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Very good advises here but I'm not sure about to be on a lot of social network as it takes time to keep everything up to date. In my opinion, Twitter and Facebook are very important, others are more if you have time to spend to make them active.

Status
Not open for further replies.