Seems Like A Bad Idea To Create Kid Content

YouTuber0127

Reaction score
Seems like a bad idea to create kid content at this time. My question is what are your thoughts of creating how to content with a kid hosting but not targeted to young kids or a vlog that has kids in it?

This is not my idea channel.....but an example would be like a how to survival channel with a child as the host? Something clean that would be marketed towards the teenage crowd. Do you this this would be in the cross hairs of the new stipulations?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have no idea what you're even asking here. Having a child host to appeal to an older crowd? They got that over at the LtCorbis channel. She made her channel before she turned 13 and posts the most vulgar and edgy content aimed at an older audience. That's worked out pretty well, since she's got 700k+ subs.

But if you're trying to appeal to teens, you're probably better off getting someone in their early 20s.

YouTuber0127

Reaction score
My question refers to a host (10-12 year old) appealing to other kids (10-13 year old target audience). For example how some preteen kids make make-up tutorials for other preteen kids.

My question is basically asking if this kind of content is in the cross hairs of the recent YouTube crackdown or is it exempt since it for an older crowd. There have been references that if YouTube deems it not family friendly or appropriate for a 3 year old then it will be demonetized. Does this apply for the preteen and early teen content as well?

Example....there is a how to teen prepper/survivalist channel marketed towards teenage outdoorsman and women. It has him using knives/axes to build and survive out in nature. Is this how to content in the cross hairs as well or it strictly entertainment content directed at younger kids ?