Seeking General Advice

MikeJ777

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello. Not new to YTTalk, but new to posting here. Not new to YouTube, but new to possibly considering doing something with it.

I've had a channel where I uploaded gameplay video to tack onto my Steam reviews, but that's all it really was.
Now I'm considering doing full on gaming stuff. Playthroughs, How To's, etc. But I'm having trouble deciding the general direction that I want to go in.

Do I want to do Nintendo only stuff? They have their Creator Program that I could join.
Do I want to do only games from certain publishers/franchises? Stuff like Final Fantasy and such.
Do I want to just play whatever I feel like playing?
Do I want to get into streaming? Like Twitch?

Which is easier to do and get off the ground as a new Youtuber?

Also shoutout to Noah Richardson for the channel graphics and some editing tips/advice.. Thanks man!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should go with the idea you like the most (dont think about Which is easier to do)...You should do the videos because you like to make video and then again you should go with the idea you like the most:) if not it will be hard work and there is a big chance that you lose motivation/interest along the way

Reactions: chubbybots

MikeJ777

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
there is a big chance that you lose motivation/interest along the way
I fear that might already be happening....too many ideas, no way to nail down which I want to do without input/opinions.

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why limit yourself to a certain console/genre? If you enjoy games from not just nintendo, but also PS4 for example, then you should also play those. You could potentially be grabbing viewers from a wide range of interests.
At the end of the day, do what YOU want to do, while considering your audience.

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
My 2 cents is if you stick to one particular publisher....the popularity of the channel will be tied to the fate of the publisher. If you are doing titanfall and then the game dies off and there goes your channel.

Aloiine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm agreeing with those above me: publish videos/gameplays that you are interested in. It might help to publish a video with a popular game or genre (easier to get attention and so on). And use the type of console or PC that you are the most comfortable with. Basically do whatever makes you happy and keep fighting. Motivation is the key :3

Reactions: Dave2017