Seeking critic on my thumbnail

Kiwi Arcades

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been told that my arcade channel has interesting content and is fun to watch but most critic on the thumbnail. They say I would get a lot more views if I have a more attention grabbing thumbnail. I'm not really sure what's wrong with it. I would like any feedback on what you think I could improve with my thumbnail thanks.

Reactions: Minyin Valarauco

Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I found that to be the same problem I had with my gaming videos, I had this solid thumbnail with my avatar and my name and what it was, but it showed nothing of what the video was. The titles were fine, but people don't know who I am yet and the solid avatar thumbnail is too vague to be eye catching. So I changed to suggested thumbnails from youtube upload page, only because for right now I don't have a photo editor and can't afford one. So at the moment I'm using the 3 captured thumbnails that youtube thinks are the best. My suggestion is that if you have a photo or video editor that can grab a frame for you to use, use the best one that really gives a good visual representation of your whole video. That's what I'm doing for now until I get a photo editor. So good job on changing from a repetitious thumbnail to a unique one for each video. What you might think about doing is editing in your branding on the left or right side of the the thumbnail you choose. This way people will become accustomed to those videos being made by you when they see the thumbnail.

Kiwi Arcades

Reaction score
Yeah, I found that to be the same problem I had with my gaming videos, I had this solid thumbnail with my avatar and my name and what it was, but it showed nothing of what the video was. The titles were fine, but people don't know who I am yet and the solid avatar thumbnail is too vague to be eye catching. So I changed to suggested thumbnails from youtube upload page, only because for right now I don't have a photo editor and can't afford one. So at the moment I'm using the 3 captured thumbnails that youtube thinks are the best. My suggestion is that if you have a photo or video editor that can grab a frame for you to use, use the best one that really gives a good visual representation of your whole video. That's what I'm doing for now until I get a photo editor. So good job on changing from a repetitious thumbnail to a unique one for each video. What you might think about doing is editing in your branding on the left or right side of the the thumbnail you choose. This way people will become accustomed to those videos being made by you when they see the thumbnail.
Thank you the past few days, I have been slowly fixing up the thumbnails

Reactions: Minyin Valarauco

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hmm yeah theres no continuity. Maybe consider a cutaway of your face that appears bottom left etc.. that then becomes recognisable as your brand image. And a bit of colour maybe like your Kiwi Arcade badge from channel art appearing somewhere. The 100 Credit Challenge and Saving Spiderman are you best ones so far.