Voice Acting Seeking (African?) Male with Lighter/Gentle Voice

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello!

I run a YouTube channel showing audioreadings of feel-good stories. I'm not the best person to cast for every story, so sometimes I seek other narrators to ensure that I get the right voice for the right story. With that in mind, I have a story on my to-do list that would suit a man with a light and/or gentle voice, and who would be interested in trying to speak a couple of words in a click language - specifically Xhosa.

(If you don't know how to click, there are tutorials online. There's only one word that needs clicks and it's only said twice.)

The story is narrated from the perspective of a male spider who finds a deadly but beautiful wasp stuck in his web.

If you are interested in narrating this story please send me a sample reading of the following, to thesaturdaystorytellers@gmail.com:

"The thrum of the Songspinner's web signals the coming of the umuvi. They will shriek from the sky and take us, one at a time. Their fangs will drip with the stilling-poison. Their bellies will be fat with eggs. The Songspinner says that the umuvi will take any bucabu they find back to their nests, paralyze us, and lay eggs in our stomachs."

I will, of course, credit the person who ends up doing the full narration in the video and the video's description.

I am unable to provide a link to a tutorial on how to click, but a quick search on YouTube will turn up a few options. XhosaKhaya has a particularly good one titled 'Xhosa Lesson 2. How to say "click" sounds', so if the mods here will be kind enough to leave that name and description there, you should be able to find it quite quickly. There are three different ways to click in Xhosa, and it's the x sound you'll need to learn. It's for the word ixoxo, which means frog.

I look forward to hearing from you!