Seeking advice/help for new channel

SYAnocopyrightmusic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I usually post stuff and apparently its wrong, in the wrong thread, not right etc. Hopefully, this isn't!

I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel (well I have had the idea for a while but putting everything into motion is harder than thought).

I am all up for doing it, editing, dedicating my time to it but there are a few obstacles. Well, one main big obstacle.
I am looking to start up a channel about goalkeeping in football/soccer. Doing trick shots etc but the main stumbling block is where to do it! In my home city every single goal/pitch is surrounded by sports facilities that I will get chucked off straight away. It's hard trying to find one that I can film freely without getting prosecuted.

Any help would be great

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Are there any public parks in your city? Where I grew up, there were lots of public parks that had at least one football pitch with goalposts.

Reactions: videoeditgr

SYAnocopyrightmusic

Reaction score
Nope football is a massive thing so its money making scheme. You stick a leisure centre on a footballpitch people have to pay to use it, plus short supply for ammount of teams

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
With your current situation I can only think of a couple of options if you haven't thought of them already.

1. Go to a different nearby town/city that has these fields with goal posts that aren't as crowded as the ones near you.
2. Make your own. Buy some land, put down some grass, go from there. Much easier said then done I'm afraid though... =[

I'd recommend driving out and looking elsewhere. Even if it takes 30 minutes to an hour to get there. I'm sure the results will be worth it if at all possible for you. Best of luck.

SYAnocopyrightmusic

Reaction score
Cheers, yeah thought that but not overly knowledgeable of other cities so wouldnt know where to look. Im sure I’ll find somewhere just hard finding people in my area too to help or even collab with

Chemigal_Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it possible that for a the start you could go to a local sporting goods store and purchase a smaller goal and keep it in your yard? Or bring it with you to a local field so you're not getting kicked off the pitch? There are some pop up ones that fold down and while they aren't full sized could serve enough of a purpose for when you need to film and all the fields are taken.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thats a strange one In the UK there are public grounds where they put up goal posts and mark out a pitch all over the country. When I was a kid these would be packed out with kids playing like 25 a side lol. Nowadays they are completely abandoned last 20 years since playstation was invented.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
that I will get chucked off straight away.
this is a really good BUT hypothetical thought :p

ask,
ask kind
ask kind while explaining your intentions
ask kind while explaining your intention and if denied,
offer some highlights (under your name as creator) for free (for a start).

Good luck! :)

EDIT: get some release forms in your bag if football players are minors....

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is a public / free to use pitch with goal posts within 5 minutes of where I walk (Essex UK)
Im sure they will be similar where you live.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Nope football is a massive thing so its money making scheme. You stick a leisure centre on a footballpitch people have to pay to use it, plus short supply for ammount of teams

I see you are in the UK. I find it really hard to believe that you can't find a public park with a football pitch and goal posts close to you. I'm talking parks where there are swings and roundabouts and stuff. There will always be at least 1 football pitch with free access in these places. :)

I found a website which will list all football pitches in a given area, along with contact details of the people in charge: https://pitchfinder.org.uk/ I'm sure if you contacted people and told them what you want to do, they'll find you a slot for free.