Second & third channel names

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone have experience branching out into multiple channels that are related to your first/major channel? My question is how should they be named? Or, as a viewer, how would you expect them to be named?

Our main channel is called Babyteeth4, and our second channel is called Babyteeth More. I'm thinking of breaking out our content into channels so that the content is more consistent within each channel. We do several different types of videos: food, toys, fictional content, vlogs, challenges, etc. and there are fans of one type who aren't fans of the other type.

Should I continue with the whole "Babyteeth" prefix, or should I try something new?

The upside is brand recognition.

The downside is that the new channels might get buried under my major channel.

Thoughts on this? I'm just seeing what people think, or what they would expect to see.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
If it was me I'd call it 4 more babyteeth but that's just me haha

But I would say retain the name babyteeth because it's so well known. If you called it something unrelated it'd be harder to find. Especially if you have a younger audience who maybe can't get around a search engine as easy as an adult

Reactions: babyteeth4

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Does anyone have experience branching out into multiple channels that are related to your first/major channel? My question is how should they be named? Or, as a viewer, how would you expect them to be named?

Our main channel is called Babyteeth4, and our second channel is called Babyteeth More. I'm thinking of breaking out our content into channels so that the content is more consistent within each channel. We do several different types of videos: food, toys, fictional content, vlogs, challenges, etc. and there are fans of one type who aren't fans of the other type.

Should I continue with the whole "Babyteeth" prefix, or should I try something new?

The upside is brand recognition.

The downside is that the new channels might get buried under my major channel.

Thoughts on this? I'm just seeing what people think, or what they would expect to see.
tough call.. i think i lean towards having the same name. there are two big youtubers you should look up.. FGTeeV has a whole bunch of channels all with different names. some of their channels are millions of subscribers. meanwhile HobbyKidsTV have a bunch of channels under the "Hobby" brand. Their channel choices are similar to what you are trying to do with food etc. But their channels are a lot smaller than FGTeeV. But I wouldn't jump to the conclusion their subscribers are smaller because of their name choices. Probably some other reasons.

I think there are more branding opportunities available if you use the same name though. I'm leaning towards hobbykidstv style because I went to disneyland and saw some people with a hobbykids pail and tshirt. I think hobbykids may have been out there giving away stuff. but yea seems easier to coalesce a brand under a common name.

Reactions: babyteeth4

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll think this over some more but I think I will stick more with the Babyteeth name.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can understand the 'babyteeth' branding in your situatation, with the girls being the talent. For me, I'm using different names, one of which was a popular segment on my channel.

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
The babyteeth branding is great and instantly recognizable. If you change that, it will be hard to tie the quality to the others for a new viewer.

Developing an overarching brand is probably the smartest move, but I'm no expert. You look at the biggest companies in the world and they have sub brands that aren't tied to each other. In fact we probably don't realise how just a few companies own everything. Unilever and Kraft etc.