Search Engine Optimization And You.

Mikes

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Wow. I've been doing it all wrong for a long time. I've always used a mixture of phrases and single words, but mostly single words. Thanks for this!

Now I'm wondering if I really should just go through a bunch of videos and change their tags. There's so many.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great stuff! Thanks so much![DOUBLEPOST=1480465742,1480465572][/DOUBLEPOST]I also wanted to chip in.. I have also tried short terms, like using the terms in a channel similar to mine and I will sometimes get suggested to those videos.. so I find that sometimes short terms may not get you in the search results but may get you suggested.. have any of you had these? I have only recently noticed this after using similar short tags. Thanks!

FaceDisgrace

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great guide, really top notch stuff there! I'd also add, *be specific with your terms.* It is much easier to make your video be on the front page of "funny and stupid grey tabby cat" than to the front page of "funny cats." That's not to say you shouldn't use the tag "funny cats" but your video would be on page 20 of that search, where as you might be able to get to page 1 or 2 of "funny and stupid grey tabby cat." Like he said, phrases :)